Beavers To Face No. 16 USC Thursday At Gill
THE GAME: Oregon State will face the No. 16 USC Trojans at 8 p.m. on Thursday at Gill Coliseum.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on ESPN2 with Roxy Bernstein and Corey Williams calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State has played the last three games with seven scholarship players ... Jarod Lucas is the only Beaver who has played in all 25 games ... Glenn Taylor Jr. posted his first career double-double with 14 points and a career-high 10 rebounds in the last game at Arizona State ... Roman Silva averaged 10.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in the last two games in Arizona ... Dashawn Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.48 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 (8.1 per game) ... Glenn Taylor Jr. has started the last six games and is averaging 10.7 points and 4.7 rebounds during that stretch; he averaged 4.8 points and 1.7 rebounds in the first 19 games coming off the bench ... Maurice Calloo has made at least one 3-pointer in 10 consecutive games ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back) has missed the last eight games, Isaiah Johnson (concussion) has missed the last seven games, Tre' Williams (knee) has missed the last three games and Warith Alatishe (knees) missed the last game.
vs. USC: Oregon State and USC are meeting for the 144th time with the Trojans leading the series, 77-67. The Beavers have a 42-32 advantage in games played in Corvallis.
The Trojans won the first meeting this season, 81-71, on Jan. 13 at the Galen Center when they were No. 5 in the nation. Jarod Lucas made six 3-pointers and scored a career-high 27 points to lead Oregon State.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).