Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Release - Feb. 25, 2022
SAN FRANCISCO - Pac-12 women's gymnastics heads into the final three weeks as race for the regular-season title heats up.
- Four Pac-12 squads are in the top 25, as No. 4 Utah (197.515) continues to lead the way followed by No. 15 Arizona State (196.160), No. 18 UCLA (195.975), No.19 Stanford (195.940). For the remainder of the season, rankings will be moved to National Qualifying Scores (NQS). California, Oregon State and Arizona not yet have the meets to qualify.
- On Friday, No. 4 Utah will travel to Tucson to close out their Pac-12 schedule against Arizona at 5:30 p.m. PT, which will be aired on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Mountain. Later that evening, No. 19 Stanford will meet Oregon State in Gill Coliseum for a matchup aired on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Bay Area and Pac-12 Oregon at 7:30 p.m. PT.
- The Utes lead the overall series against Arizona 67-0 (15-0 in Tucson) with the last road victory coming in 2020 (197.300-195.875). Utah continues to lead the nation with an active streak of 20 consecutive meets with a score of 49.0 or better on every event and holds the nation's highest beam score with 49.725. Last week, the Utes posted its team best road score of the season (197.950) against Washington.
- After Oregon State's performance last week against then-No. 4 Utah, the Beavers scored its fourth 197 in a single Season for the first time since the 2017 season. The Beavers lead the overall series with Stanford 68-30 (29-4 in Corvallis), as Oregon State is currently riding a five-meet winning streak ahead of Friday's matchup.
- Oregon State's Olympic gold medalist Jade Carey continues to showcase her skills, as she took home four individual titles against the Utes in all-around (39.700), bars (9.95), floor (9.925) and scored personal best on vault (9.975). Carey now has won 27 individual titles and has scored 9.9s in 22 of 24 routines.
- On Sunday, Washington will head to Los Angeles to face off against No. 18 UCLA at 2 p.m. PT, which will be aired on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Angelas and Pac-12 Washington. Following up, California will travel to Tempe to take on No. 15 Arizona State for a televised meet on Pac-12 Network, Pac-12 Arizona and Pac-12 Bay Area at 4 p.m. PT.
- Cal is the lone undefeated team remaining in the Pac-12 (5-0), with two conference meets remaining. The Bears are coming off back-to-back impressive showings after defeating then-No. 3 Utah with a 197.525 score and then coming back and winning against Arizona with a 197.575 score. Those are the sixth- and eighth-highest team totals in school history.
- Washington looks to regain momentum after their last meet against then-No. 4 Utah, as the Huskies posted another season-high team score of 197.950 while also having six different gymnasts post career-high scores.
- UCLA posted a season-high score on vault and had several gymnast recorded season-best total in the Bruins last meet against then-No. 20 Arizona State.
- All eight Pac-12 programs began the season in the 2022 WCGA Preseason Coaches Poll in No. 4 Utah, No. 7 California, No. 8 UCLA, No. 12 Arizona State, No. 17 Oregon State, No. 27 Arizona, No. 33 Stanford and No. 34 Washington.
- Utah, UCLA and California went 1-2-3 in the Pac-12 preseason coaches poll, while Arizona State, Oregon State, Arizona, Stanford and Washington rounded out the league poll.
- Tickets are currently on sale to the general public for the 2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Championships. The one-day event returns to Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah on Saturday, March 19. Complete ticket information can be found at Pac-12.com/tickets.
Pac-12 in the Road to Nationals Standings - Feb. 21
* Ordered by National Qualifying Score (NQS). Qualification for national competition is based on a team's and an all-around competitor's six best regular-season meet scores, of which three must be away. To obtain the national qualifying score (NQS), the high score is eliminated and the remaining five scores are averaged. In former years, this was known as the Regional Qualifying Score (RQS), which was changed for the 2019 season to reflect the new post-season format.
Olympians Made Here
- The 2022 Pac-12 gymnastics season will feature a strong connection to the recently-concluded 2020 Tokyo Olympics, with four Olympic medalists beginning their collegiate careers on Pac-12 campuses this year. Oregon State's Jade Carey (USA) won an individual gold medal in the floor exercise, UCLA's Jordan Chiles and Utah's Grace McCallum were silver medalists in the team competition with the United States, and Utah's Amelie Morgan helped Great Britain to team bronze, its first gymnastics medal since 1928.
- Rounding out the Pac-12 freshmen with Olympic ties are UCLA's Brooklyn Moors, who competed for Canada in Tokyo, and Utah's Kara Eaker and UCLA's Emma Malabuyo, who were alternates for the United States.
CONFERENCE STANDINGS (Expanded Standings)
|Teams||Pac-12 Record||Overall Record|
|#15 Arizona State||3-2||3-3|
UPCOMING SCHEDULE (Full Schedule)
|Friday, Feb. 25||TV/Stream||Time|
|Utah vs. Arizona||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Arizona/Pac-12 Mountain||5:30 p.m. PT|
|Stanford vs. Oregon State||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Bay Area/Pac-12 Oregon||7:30 p.m. PT|
|Sunday, Feb. 27|
|Washington vs. UCLA||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Los Angelas/Pac-12 Washington||2 p.m. PT|
|California vs. Arizona State||Pac-12 Network/Pac-12 Arizona/Pac-12 Bay Area||4 p.m. PT|
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards