Beavers To Host No. 12 UCLA Saturday Afternoon
THE GAME: Oregon State will host the No. 12 UCLA Bruins at 1 p.m. on Saturday at Gill Coliseum.
Warith Alatishe, Maurice Calloo, Xzavier Malone-Key and Roman Silva will be honored before the game as part of the Senior Day Presentation.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on CBS with Spero Dedes and Jim Spanarkel calling the action.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State is 0-6 in games decided by three points or less (0-3 in Pac-12 play) ... Dashawn Davis scored a career-high 31 points against USC; it's the first time an Oregon State player scored 30-plus since Ethan Thompson had 31 points against Portland on Dec. 10, 2020 ... Davis is first in the Pac-12 in assists at 5.35 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 ... Jarod Lucas is ninth on Oregon State's career 3-pointers list with 166; next up are Ethan Thompson (168) and Gary Payton (178) ... Roman Silva is averaging 9.7 points and 7.3 rebounds over the last three games ... Glenn Taylor Jr. scored in double figures in each of the last two games; he scored in double digits three times in the first 24 games ... Maurice Calloo has scored in double figures in five of his last seven games; he scored in double digits twice in the first 19 games ... Xzavier Malone-Key (back) has missed the last nine games, Isaiah Johnson (concussion) has missed the last eight games and Tre' Williams (knee) has missed the last four games.
vs. UCLA: Oregon State and UCLA are meeting for the 141st time with the Bruins leading the series 100-40, including a 41-29 edge in games played in Corvallis.
UCLA won the first meeting this season, 81-65, on Jan. 15 at Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles. Jarod Lucas and Dashawn Davis scored 13 points apiece to lead the Beavers. Johnny Juzang scored 24 points to lead UCLA and Jules Bernard added 16 points.
LAST SEASON: The 2020-21 season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
- Beat a Top 25 team on the road for the first time since 1985 (at No. 21 Oregon).
- Defeated four Top 25 teams at a neutral site; the last time Oregon State beat a ranked opponent at a neutral site came in 1992 (vs. No. 25 BYU in Portland).
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).