No. 11 Arizona Hosts Dixie State on Tuesday
TUCSON, Ariz. — The Arizona Wildcats (7-1) host the Dixie State Trailblazers (4-3) on Tuesday night at Hi Corbett Field. First pitch is slated for 6:00 p.m. MST.
Arizona is fresh off a four-game weekend sweep of the Milwaukee Panthers. The Wildcats scored 8+ runs and limited the Panthers to just 11 runs over the course of the series.
Wildcats head coach Chip Hale is off to a 7-1 start to open his time leading his alma mater. His record is tied for the best eight-game start to a head coaching tenure in the program's modern era (1950-present).
Tickets to Tuesday's tilt are still available and can be purchased by clicking HERE.
|Date||Opponent||Time (MST)||Arizona Pitcher||Opponent Pitcher|
|Tuesday, March 1||Dixie State||6:00 PM||RHP Quinn Flanagan (1-0, 7.71)||RHP Jake Dahle (0-1, 14.73)|
- The Arizona Wildcats, who are in the middle of a 10-game homestand, play host to the Dixie State Trailblazers on Tuesday night at Hi Corbett Field. The game will be live streamed free on ArizonaWildcats.com.
- Arizona holds a 2-1 all-time series lead over Dixie State. The two program's only previous meeting was a three-game series to conclude the 2021 regular season in Tucson. The Wildcats won the series opener and finale while the Trailblazers earned the win in the second game.
- Arizona has scored at least one run in 180 consecutive games, the longest active scoring streak in the Power 5 and the second-longest in program history. They are 52 games away from tying the longest streak in school history.
- The Wildcats are ranked in every national poll, with their highest ranking being a No. 10 placement from the USA Today Coaches Poll. Arizona stayed steady at No. 11 in the D1Baseball poll this week.
- Since moving to Hi Corbett Field in 2012, Arizona has posted a home record of 233-96 (.708). They have lost 10 or fewer home games in 8-of-10 seasons at Hi Corbett.
- Catcher Daniel Susac currently leads the Pac-12 and ranks tied for ninth nationally with five doubles this season. He has swatted 29 doubles in 69 career games.
- Outfielder Tanner O'Tremba has already logged 12 RBI in eight games and 34 at-bats this season. He is just eight RBI away from tying his career-high of 20 RBI, set in 2019 with Texas Tech in 32 games and 92 at-bats.