Pac-12 Lacrosse Weekly Awards - Mar. 1, 2022
Offensive Player of the Week: Sadie Grozier, 5th Year., ATT, COLORADO (Pleasanton, Calif.)
- Recorded six goals to tie a career-high for the second time in three games this season, leading Colorado (3-0) to a win against Ohio State (3-2) at Kittredge Field on Sunday (Feb. 27, 13-10).
- Four of her goals came in the first quarter, helping CU to a 6-2 lead in the first 15:00.
- Was 3-4 on free-position opportunities.
- Put eight of her 10 shots on goal.
- Added 1 caused turnover and 1 ground ball.
- This is her third game in the last four games played (dating back to the last game of the 2021 season) where Grozier has recorded six goals.
ALSO NOMINATED: Emily Glagolev, Arizona State; Lillian Stump, Oregon; Ali Baiocco, Stanford.
Defensive Player of the Week: Katie Vahle, Fr., GK, ARIZONA STATE (Manorville, NY)
- Freshman goalkeeper Katie Vahle played the first 52 minutes of ASU’s game against San Diego State (Feb. 25, 16-6) to open up their home slate Friday at Sun Devil Soccer/Lacrosse Stadium.
- Shut down the Aztecs' offense, allowing only four goals while making nine saves.
- She added four ground balls and took matters into her own hands on several clear attempts, hustling the length of the field to ensure the Sun Devils could start their offense.
- In the 16-6 victory, Vahle saved 69% of the shots she faced and was awarded her first collegiate victory.
ALSO NOMINATED: Grace Donnelly, Colorado; Liana McDonnell, Stanford.
|Offensive Player of the Week||Defensive Player of the Week|
|Feb. 16||Ashley Humphrey, Stanford||Kait Devir, USC|
|Feb. 22||Shelby Tilton, USC||Kait Devir, USC|
|Mar. 1||Sadie Grozier, Colorado||Katie Vahle, Arizona State|