Women's Basketball Heads to the Pac-12 Tournament
The Utes head to Las Vegas for the Pac-12 Tournament held from March 2-6 at Michelob Ultra Arena in Mandalay Bay. Click here to view more information, the complete bracket, history, and more.
Date | Time: Wednesday, March 2 | 9:30 p.m. (MT)
Utah (17-10, 8-7 Pac-12) vs. California (12-12, 2-10 Pac-12)
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Michelob Ultra Arena
Live Stats: Click Here
Live Audio: Click Here
TV/Stream: Click Here
HOW TO TUNE IN
All the Utes Pac-12 Tournament matchups will be aired on ESPN700 with Tyson Ewing and Mile Enger calling the shots. You can also find the games on the Pac-12 Networks with Krista Blunk and Mary Murphy on the call. Live stats can be found at UtahUtes.com.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing 1,000 career points. She has scored 977 in her career as a Ute. She is 23 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah.
• On Monday, the Pac-12 announced their weekly awards, and freshman Jenna Johnson was named the Pac-12 Freshman of the Week. She averaged 19.5 points and 3.0 rebounds per game this past week. She scored a career-high 27 points against Oregon to close out the regular season.
• To close out the regular season, the Utes needed to hit three three-pointers to set a new school record. Against the Ducks, Utah hit eight three-pointers, setting a new school record with 259 made three-pointers and counting this season. This is the third time in the Lynne Roberts era that Utah has broken this record.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 83 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 59-24 in those games. Utah averages 9.6 made three-pointers per game and has made 259 on the season. Both of those lead the Pac-12.
• On Tuesday morning, the Pac-12 Conference announced its end of the year Coaches Awards. Utah's Gianna Kneepkens was named Pac-12 Freshman of the Year and All-Pac-12 selection. Kennady McQueen was a Pac-12 Honorable Mention selection, and Kneepkens and Jenna Johnson earned Pac-12 All-Freshman honorees.
• The complete Pac-12 Tournament bracket can be seen by clicking here. The tournament will run from March 2-6 at Michelob Ultra Arena.
• On Monday, the Pac-12 announced its final weekly awards. Jenna Johnson earned her third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week honors. This took the Utah total to eight, which led the Pac-12. Johnson averaged 19.5 points. 3.0 rebounds and 1.5 assists per game. She scored a career-high 27 points against Oregon to close out the regular season.
• Utah is looking to make its first NCAA Women's Basketball National Championship since 2011. Utah has made 17 appearances in school history. Utah is looking for No. 18 this season.
• Utah has hit eight or more threes in 83 games under the direction of Lynne Roberts, going 59-24 in those games. Utah has made 8+ threes in seven games this season, including five with 10+ (19 vs. Lipscomb, 11/10, 14 vs. Xavier, 11/13, 12 at Hawaii, 11/27, 16 vs. Eastern Illinois, 11/28, 12 vs. BYU, 12/4, 15 vs. Cal State Fullerton, 12/10, 12 vs. UC Riverside 1/14, 11 vs. #2/#3 Stanford 1/16, 14 vs. USC 2/9, 10 at UCLA 2/20).
• Utah broke a school record on Saturday at the Jon M. Huntsman Center. Utah made eight three points, increasing its total to 259, setting a new school record. This is the third time in school history that the team broke this record in the Lynne Roberts era.
• Junior Brynna Maxwell is chasing the 1,000-career point milestone. She is currently 23 points away from becoming the 30th member of the 1,000-point club at Utah. The last Utah player to join the 1,000-point club was Megan Huff during the 2018-19 season.
• Utah holds a 3-10 all-time record in the Pac-12 Tournament. The first win for the Utes in the Pac-12 Tournament came during the 2013 season. The last tournament that Utah picked up a victory in was the 2020 Tournament. The Utes enter as the sixth seed, which ties the highest seed the Utes have been in the Pac-12 Tournament. This will be the second all-time meeting between Cal and Utah in the Pac-12 Tournament. Cal won the previous matchup, which took place during the 2016 tournament in KeyArena in Seattle, Washington.
• The Pac-12 has been the nation's top-rated conference by RPI in four of the last six seasons, with the Utes facing a Top 25 opponent almost every week. Under the direction of Lynne Roberts, the Utes have knocked off a Top 25 opponent each year, all coming during conference play.
• Utah opened the season with back-to-back 100-point games. This was the second time in program history that Utah scored 100 or more in back-to-back games. The first time this happened was during the 1978-79 season.
• Brynna Maxwell continues to shine for the Utes. She is one of the best three-pointer shooters in the country. She leads the team in made threes this season with 58, the second-best mark in the Pac-12. Over her three years, Maxwell has made 184 threes, which is the eighth-most in program history.
The winner of the Utah vs. Cal will advance to the second round of the Pac-12 Tournament. The winner will take on third-seeded Washington State at 9:30 p.m. MT.
FOLLOW THE UTES!
Fans can follow along during the 2021-22 season on social media (Twitter: @UtahWBB | Instagram: @UtahWBB | Facebook: Facebook.com/UtahWBB).