On the Links: Ducks Head to Bandon
Coming off a runner-up finish at The Prestige, Oregon will play its next two tournaments in the state of Oregon. The first is the Bandon Dunes Championship, which will be played Sunday-Tuesday at the par-71, 6,738-yard Sheep Ranch Course.
• Last month at The Prestige, Oregon got wins over three of the nation's top 10 teams, No. Pepperdine, No. 7 Texas Tech and No. 9 Stanford in a runner-up finish.
• Oregon closed out the fall with an impressive victory at the Saint Mary's Invitational Nov, 8-10. The Ducks rallied over the final two holes to top No.6 Stanford by two strokes.
• Eric Doyle earned his best career finish at The Prestige, tying for seventh at 5-over 218.
• Owen Avrit has had 11 sub-par rounds in 18 total rounds in 2021-22, including a career-low 64 at the Maui Jim Invitational.
• Craig Ronne led Oregon in scoring average during the fall at 69.56. Owen Avrit (70.25), Greg Solhaug (71.33), Greyson Leach (71.44) and Nate Stember (71.83) were also below 72.00.
• Freshman Greyson Leach tied for first at the Husky Individual Invitational, shooting a 10-under 206 (68-68-70).
• Greg Solhaug recorded his best career finish at Saint Mary's, tying for fifth at 4-under 209.
• The Ducks carded the third-lowest score in program history, 820 (20-under), at the season-opening Maui Jim Invitational. Oregon was -27 for the last two rounds.
• Oregon returns six of its top seven golfers from last season's NCAA Regional qualifying team. That includes Tom Gueant (71.45 scoring average), Yuki Moriyama (72.16), Nate Stember (73.00), Owen Avrit (73.32), Craig Ronne (73.88) and Greg Solhaug (74.63).