Beavers To Face Oregon At Pac-12 Tourney
THE GAME: Oregon State will face Oregon at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday in the first round of the Pac-12 Tournament at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
TELEVISION: The game will be televised on Pac-12 Network with Roxy Bernstein and Don MacLean calling the action and Jordan Kent reporting from the sideline.
For information on how to watch the game online or on a mobile device, click on this link. If you live overseas and want to watch the game, it is available via YouTube at this link.
RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action. It can also be heard online at this link.
LIVE STATS: There will be live stats at this link.
QUICKLY: Oregon State is 7-1 in postseason play the last two years (4-0 Pac-12 Tournament; 3-1 NCAA Tournament) ... The Beavers are shooting 87.1% (54-for-62) from the free throw line over the last four games ... Roman Silva has scored in double figures nine times this season; he scored in double digits five times in his first 60 career games entering this season ... Jarod Lucas leads the Pac-12 in free throw percentage at 87.0% (67-for-77) ... Dashawn Davis leads the Pac-12 in assists at 5.50 per game; the last Oregon State player to lead the conference in assists was Gary Payton in 1989-90 ... Dexter Akanno has started the last two games and is averaging 11.0 points and 4.0 rebounds ... Maurice Calloo has scored in double figures in eight of his last 11 games ... Oregon State and Oregon are meeting for the 360th time, making it the most-contested rivalry in college basketball ... The Beavers have defeated the Ducks 192 times, the second-most wins against a single team in NCAA history (Kansas has 203 wins over Kansas State).
Pac-12 Tournament Notes: Oregon State is the No. 12 seed and opens the tournament against No. 5-seed Oregon at 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Oregon State is 14-20 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament; Oregon is 33-17.
- Wayne Tinkle is 6-5 all-time in the Pac-12 Tournament; Dana Altman is 20-7.
- Oregon State and Oregon have played two times in the Pac-12 Tournament:
- March 12, 2014: No. 7 Oregon 88, No. 10 Oregon State 74
- March 12, 2021: No. 5 Oregon State 75, No. 1 Oregon 64
- The No. 12 seed is 1-8 all-time against the No. 5 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament.
- Oregon State is 0-2 all-time as the No. 12 seed in the Pac-12 Tournament:
- March 13, 2013: No. 5 Colorado 74, No. 12 Oregon State 68
- March 8, 2017: No. 5 California 67, No. 12 Oregon State 62
LAST SEASON: Last season was highlighted by one of the greatest runs in program history:
- Won nine straight road and neutral-site games that included the first Pac-12 Conference Tournament championship in program history.
- Won an NCAA Tournament game and advanced to the Elite Eight for the first time since 1982.
- Won three games in the NCAA Tournament, tying the 1963 Final Four team for the most tournament wins in program history.
- Ranked No. 20 in the final coaches poll; it's the first time the Beavers have been ranked in any poll since March 13, 1990.
- Defeated five Top 25 teams, the most in a season since the 1975-76 team also won five against ranked opponents.
Click on the PDF for the full game notes.
Oregon State Athletics strives to Build Excellent Authentic Visionary Student-Athletes (Go BEAVS).