Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - March 8, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Vallery Wong, Jr., C, Oregon (Sacramento, Calif.)
» 5 G, .529 AVG, 9 H, 5 HR, 9 RBI, 1.412 SLG
- Helped Oregon go 5-0 this past weekend and 4-0 at the Amy S. Harrison Classic.
- Hit five home runs in four games, including two against Connecticut.
- Entered the week with one career home run.
- Slugged 1.412 and only struck out once.
ALSO NOMINATED: Yannira Acuna, Arizona State; Taylor Gindlesperger, Stanford; Sona Halajian, California; Baylee Klingler, Washington; Carlie Scupin, Arizona; Charity Sevaaetasi, Oregon State; Delanie Wisz, UCLA.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Megan Faraimo, Jr., P/1B, UCLA (Oceanside, Calif.)
» 3 G, 2-0, 2 CG, 13.0 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 25 K, 1.08 ERA
- Became the fourth pitcher in UCLA history to throw multiple perfect games in her career, joining Debbie Doom (6), Keira Goerl (2) and Lisa Fernandez (2), when she retired all 15 Fresno State batters she faced in order.
- Faraimo got all 15 outs, 12 of which were strikeouts, on just 67 pitches. She struck out the first six batters she faced as well as struck out the side in the fourth inning.
- Also struck out 10 more batters in her complete-game victory over Kansas, allowing just three hits in that game.
- Leads all Pac-12 pitches with 106 strikeouts and an 11.57 strikeout per seven innings ratio.
ALSO NOMINATED: Madi Elish, Arizona; Mac Morgan, Arizona State; Gabbie Plain, Washington; Tarni Stepto, Oregon State; Alana Vawter, Stanford.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Savannah Pola, Fr., UTIL, UCLA (Santa, Calif.)
» 5 G, .357 AVG, 5 H, 2 R, 2 2B, 6 RBI, 1 BB, .500 SLG
- Recorded a team-best nine RBI with five extra-base hits (7-for-14 total) at the Judi Garman Classic.
- After doubling four times in her last three games, now leads the Pac-12 in the statistical category.
- All of her doubles drove in at least one run.
- Best career game came in the finale of the Judi Garman Classic against Texas A&M, when she knocked in a career-high six RBI on a 3-for-4 night with two doubles and a solo home run for eight total bases.
- Knocked in the game's first five runs with her two doubles against the Aggies.
- Leads all Pac-12 freshmen with 23 RBI.
- Second consecutive Freshman of the Week honor.
ALSO NOMINATED: Paige Dimler, Arizona; Ellee Eck, Stanford; Kiki Escobar, Oregon State; Oliva Johnson, Washington; Cydney Sanders, Arizona State.