Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards - March 8, 2022
Gymnast of the Week: Maile O'Keefe, Jr., Utah (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Etched herself into the Utah record books with two Perfect 10s in the same meet to lead the team to a win over No. 9 Minnesota with the program's second-best score all-time and the fourth-best in NCAA history (198.575).
- Became the first Utah gymnast since 1999 to score multiple 10.0s in the same meet and just the fourth Ute in school history to do so.
- Collected a Perfect 10 on bars after the teammate before her scored a 10.0, the first consecutive 10.0s on bars in school history.
- Her 10.0 on bars is the first of her career and she led the team to a school-record 49.800 to break the previous record that had stood since 1993.
- Also posted her second 10.0 on beam this season and now has three in her career, which is tied for the second-most in program history on beam.
- Finished the night with a 9.95 on floor to place second overall.
- Her three scores led the team to a 198.575, which tied for the highest score in the NCAA this season.
- Has hit 29-29 routines this season and 113-113 in her career.
- Second Pac-12 Gymnast of the Week honor this season (Feb. 1).
Freshman of the Week: Jordan Chiles, Fr., UCLA (Vancouver, Wash.)
- Led UCLA to its highest team score since 2019 in a 198.050-197.200 dual-meet victory over California
- Won the all-around with a career-high 39.800, becoming just the ninth UCLA gymnast in history to hit the 39.8 mark.
- Scored her second Perfect 10 on floor exercise and her third 10 this season, leading the Bruins to a season-high 49.775 on floor, the fifth-highest floor score in school history.
- Captured her third uneven bars title of the season with a near-perfect 9.975.
- Scored a career-best 9.925 on beam to place third and help UCLA score a season-high 49.625 on the event, the fifth-highest beam score in school history.
- Tied for second on vault with a career-high-tying 9.900 and helped the Bruins score a season-best total of 49.475 on vault.
- Second Pac-12 weekly honer of the season (Specialist of the Week - Feb. 8).
Specialist of the Week: Emma Malabuyo, Fr., UCLA (Milpitas, Calif.)
- Helped lead UCLA to its highest team score since 2019 in a 198.050-197.200 dual-meet victory over California.
- Won balance beam with a career-high and near-perfect 9.975, her team-leading fourth beam win of the season.
- Her 9.975 led the Bruins to a beam score of 49.625, a new season high and the fifth-best beam score in school history.
- Scored another career-high on floor exercise with a 9.950, tying for third place.
- Helped UCLA score a season-high 49.775 on floor, the fifth-highest floor score in school history.
Coaches Choice: Taylor Lawson, 5th, Stanford (Macungie, Pa.)
- The Cardinal's stable cog in all she does, she has yet to mark a score less than 9.775 this season, hitting on all of her routines and coming up with big scores when they are needed.
- Her 9.95 on floor in her last appearance in Maples Pavilion marked her first event win of the season, topping 9.90+ queen Kyla Bryant for the Cardinal's best performance of the night.
2022 Pac-12 Women's Gymnastics Weekly Awards