USC Baseball Opens Pac-12 Play at No. 15 UCLA; Returns Home Midweek vs, UConn
THIS WEEK: The USC baseball team opens Pac-12 play on the road with a Crosstown Showdown against No. 15 UCLA this weekend. The Trojans then return home for a midweek matchup with UConn on Tuesday.
Friday - USC vs. UCLA (Jackie Robinson Stadium), March 11, 5 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Saturday - USC vs. UCLA (Jackie Robinson Stadium), March 12, 5 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Sunday - USC vs. UCLA (Jackie Robinson Stadium), March 13, 3 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Tuesday - USC vs. Connecticut (Dedeaux Field), March 15, 6 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
BROADCAST INFO: All three games at UCLA will be televised live on the Pac-12 Network. Tuesday's game will be streamed live on Pac-12+ via USCTrojans.com. Links to all of the broadcasts are available on the baseball schedule page at USCTrojans.com.
FOLLOW: Fans can also follow the action through live stats on USCTrojans.com. Live, in-game updates will be available for all games from @USC_Baseball on Twitter as well.
GET SOCIAL: Follow USC Baseball on social media to get updates on everything going on with the team this season. The Trojans can be found at @USC_Baseball on Twitter, @sctrojans_baseball on Instagram and USC Trojans Baseball on Facebook.
LAST WEEK: The Trojans are riding a seven-game winning streak after beating LMU on the road and sweeping Wagner at home.
HOT START: USC's 9-2 record marks the best start to a season for the Trojans since 2015, when USC opened the year 15-0. The Trojans' seven-game winning streak is also the longest by a USC team since 2018 (seven games as well).
SERIES VS. UCLA: The Trojans lead the series 264-146.
SERIES VS. UCONN: The Huskies lead the series, 2-1. The teams first met in the 1972 College World Series, with USC winning 5-4 in 11 innings. UConn won meetings in 2010 and 2016, both by a score of 5-4.
- The Trojans have posted double-digit hit totals in 7 of their 11 games so far this season, and 6 of their last 7
- USC is 3rd in the Pac-12 with a 1.17 WHIP
- The Trojans' 3.00 staff ERA is 3rd in the Pac-12
- Adrian Colon-Rosado leads USC with a .429 batting average and a .488 on-base percentage. He has 13 hits in his last 7 games, and has hit safely 8 of his last 9. Colon-Rosado's .429 average is 4th best in the Pac-12 and his 11.7 ab/K are 3rd in the conference.
- Nick Lopez comes into this weekend riding an 8-game hitting streak and has reached base in his last 9 games.
- Tyresse Turner has a 7-game hitting streak going, raising his average 54 points over that span. His .366 average is 2nd best on the team. Turner also worked 5 walks in the last 2 games against Wagner.
- Charlie Hurley made his first 2 collegiate starts last week, picking up wins over LMU and Wagner. Hurley tossed 8.0 scoreless innings and for the season has a 0.69 ERA, which is good for 4th in the Pac-12.
- Carson Lambert's 3.65 hits allowed/9 is 4th in the Pac-12. Lambert has been USC's ace out of the pen, posting a 1.46 ERA in 12.1 innings pitched.
- After just 3 relief appearances last year, Tyler Stromsborg has been lights out as a starter this year. Starting each Saturday so far, he owns a 1.80 ERA and his 8/1 strikeout-to-walk ratio is 5th in the Pac-12. Stromsborg's 1.2 walks/9 are 4th in the conference.