No. 20 Women of Troy Record Swift 4-0 Victory over Hawaii Pacific
No. 20 USC Women's tennis continued their winning ways with a swift 4-0 victory over Hawaii Pacific on Saturday (March 12), to complete the sweep at Marks Stadium this weekend. The win improves USC to 10-7, 3-1.
The match started with doubles where Trojans Leyden Games and Isabelle Lee teamed up on court three for the first time this season, taking down HPU's Valentina Mokrova/Marta Ruszczynsk with a 6-0 scoreline. Over on center court, Eryn Cayetano and Danielle Willson battled to defeat HPU's Mihoki Miyahara/Elodie Busson 6-5 to claim the doubles point for USC. With the doubles point going to USC, the match on court two between Morra/Ewing and HPU's Miyahara/Busson was suspended with USC up 6-5.
Moving into singles play with the one point advantage, USC redshirt sophomore No. 60 Snow Han extended her 12 match unbeaten streak, defeating Marleen Tilgner 6-2,6-0 on court three. USC's #6 Eryn Cayetano followed up Han's win with with a swift 6-3, 6-2 victory on court two to put the Trojans up 3-0. Coming in with the clincher was Mckenna Koenig, downing HPU's Valentina Mokrova 6-4, 6-2 on court five.
With the match clinched, play was suspended on courts one, four and six. USC led on all three courts.
#20 USC 4, Hawaii Pacific 0
March 12, 2022 | Marks Stadium – Los Angeles, CA
1. Eryn Cayetano/Danielle Willson (USC) vs. Shaline Pipa/Marleen Tilgner (HPU) – 6-4
2. Sloane Morra/Salma Ewing (USC) vs. Mihoki Miyahara/Elodie Busson (HPU) – 6-5 SUSP.
3. Leyden Games/Isabelle Lee (USC) def. Valentina Mokrova/Marta Ruszcynska (HPU) - 6-0
Order of finish: 3, 1
USC wins doubles point.
1. #29 Salma Ewing (USC) vs. Shaline Pipa (HPU) 6-4, 2-4 SUSP.
2. #6 Eryn Cayetano (USC) def. Elodie Busson (HPU) – 6-3, 6-2
3. #60 Snow Han (USC) def. Marleen Tilgner (HPU) – 6-2, 6-0
4. Danielle Willson (USC) vs. Mihoki Miyahara (HPU) – 6-1, 3-4 SUSP
5. McKenna Koenig (USC) def. Valentina Mokrova (HPU) – 6-4, 6-2*
6. Isabelle Lee (USC) vs. Marta Ruszcynska (HPU) – 6-1, 4-4 SUSP
Order of finish: 3,2,5*