Baseball's Homestand Continues Versus Arizona State
GAME 16: Oregon State (12-3, 2-1) vs. Arizona State (8-10, 0-0)
March 18, 2022 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (4-0, 2.49) vs. LHP Adam Tulloch (2-0, 2.88)
Oregon State opens a three-game series with Arizona State Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be televised.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Kyle Dernedde set a career-high with three hits and Justin Boyd drove in a pair with two doubles but Oregon State dropped a 13-7 decision to Grand Canyon Wednesday afternoon. The teams split the midweek series after Oregon State defeated the Antelopes, 9-8, on Tuesday night. Boyd and Gavin Logan each had two hits for OSU, which finished with 12 as a team.
Versus Arizona State
• Oregon State is hosting the Sun Devils for the first time since 2018 as the 2020 series was canceled due to Covid-19.
• The Beavers hold a 19-14 advantage in games played in Corvallis. OSU won the 2018 series, 2-1. The Beavers have won the last three series at Goss Stadium, and six of seven dating back to the 2009 season.
• Jacob Melton singled in the ninth inning Wednesday to extend his hit streak to 17 games dating back to the 2021 season. Melton is 32-for-73 (.438) with five doubles, two triples, eight home runs and 34 RBI during the streak.
• Cooper Hjerpe, Friday's probable starter, leads the Pac-12 with four victories. He is tied for second nationally.
• Hjerpe has thrown 55 innings in Pac-12 play during his career, and 55.2 out of it. His ERA in Pac-12 play is 3.44 compared to 4.69 in non-con. He has a 1.05 WHIP versus Pac-12 foes.
• OSU is tied with Notre Dame for the fewest errors per game this season at 0.3.
• The Beavers are also tied with Notre Dame for runs scored per game at 9.5. The teams are tied for 12th, just 0.2 shy of No. 10 Georgia Tech and Rutgers.
• Melton and Wade Meckler have both reached base safely in all 15 games this season. Justin Boyd has reached base safely in all 14 games he has played.
• Garret Forrester has also reached base safely in 13 straight.
• Gavin Logan has a four-game hit streak coming into the series opener. He has nine hits over those four games, adding three doubles, two home runs and five RBI.
• The Beavers enter the second weekend of Pac-12 play tied for first with a 2-1 record. No teams in the conference swept during the opening weekend.
• OSU's opponents sport a 2.09 WHIP through the first 15 games of the season.