No. 25 USC Baseball Hosts California, Cal State Fullerton
THIS WEEK: Pac-12 play returns to Dedeaux Field this weekend as the No. 25 USC baseball team hosts Cal for a three-game set starting on Friday. The Trojans then also host Cal State Fullerton on Tuesday for a non-conference matchup.
Friday - USC vs. CAL (Dedeaux Field), March 18, 6 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Saturday - USC vs. CAL (Dedeaux Field), March 19, 2 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Sunday - USC vs. CAL (Dedeaux Field), March 20, 1 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Tuesday - USC vs. Cal St. Fullerton (Dedeaux Field), March 22, 6 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
BROADCAST INFO: All four home games will be streamed live on Pac-12+ via USCTrojans.com. Links to all of the broadcasts are available on the baseball schedule page at USCTrojans.com.
FOLLOW: Fans can also follow the action through live stats on USCTrojans.com. Live, in-game updates will be available for all games from @USC_Baseball on Twitter as well.
GET SOCIAL: Follow USC Baseball on social media to get updates on everything going on with the team this season. The Trojans can be found at @USC_Baseball on Twitter, @sctrojans_baseball on Instagram and USC Trojans Baseball on Facebook.
LAST WEEK: The Trojans took two-of-three at then-No. 15 UCLA for the first time since 2016 last week, winning the opener and the finale in the series. USC then dropped its midweek contest to another 11-win team in UConn, 7-1.
BACK IN THE RANKINGS: The Trojans are back into the rankings this week, coming in at No. 25 in the Baseball America poll. It is the first time USC has been ranked since 2016.
SERIES VS. CAL: The Trojans lead the series 248-148-2. Cal won the series in Berkeley 2-1 last year, and USC won the previous two series, 2-1.
SERIES VS. FULLERTON: The Titans lead the all-time series 55-46-1. Fullerton won the lone meeting last year and USC won the lone meeting in 2020.
- The USC defense has turned 13 double-plays so far this season, good for 4th in the Pac-12. The Trojans' 0.87 double-plays per game are 36th in the NCAA.
- USC's pitching staff has allowed 7.82 hits/9, the 3rd fewest in the conference.
- The Trojans' 3.68 staff ERA and 1.28 WHIP are both 4th in the Pac-12.
- USC's 11 wins are tied for the 3rd most of any Pac-12 team.
- The Trojans have 4 players who have recorded a save this season; Matt Keating (2), Garrett Clarke, Carson Lambert, Nate Clow.
- Adrian Colon-Rosado leads USC with a .396 batting average and a .474 on-base percentage. His batting average is 8th in the Pac-12 and he has reached base safely in each of his last 13 games.
- Tyresse Turner comes in riding an 11-game hitting streak and is second on the team and 10th in the Pac-12 with a .375 batting average. Turner is also the 4th toughest player in the Pac-12 to strike out, going down on strikes every 9.7 at-bats.
- Charlie Hurley's 1.42 ERA is 5th best in the Pac-12. He has picked up the win in each of his last 3 starts (the first 3 of his collegiate career), including tossing a career-high 6.0 innings in a win over No. 15 UCLA on Sunday.
- Carson Lambert's 1.76 ERA is 6th in the Pac-12 and his 5.28 hits/9 are 6th in the conference as well. His 0.98 WHIP is 10th in the Pac-12. Lambert also has 1 save and 2 wins in 7 relief appearances.
- Josh Blum, Fisher Johnson and Evan Clark all made their collegiate debuts on the mound against UConn on Tuesday.