Baseball Set For Midweek Matchup With Seattle
GAME 19: Oregon State (14-4) vs. Seattle (6-10)
March 23, 2022 • 3:05 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State and Seattle play a midweek matchup Wednesday afternoon at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 3:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be televised.
A live video stream, produced by Oregon State, will be available. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for a link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Arizona State overcame a 1-0 Oregon State lead with a three-run ninth to salvage the final game of the team's series Sunday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Tanner Smith drove in the Beavers' lone run of the game on a double in the second, while Mason Guerra posted two hits. Ben Ferrer struck out seven and retired the last 12 batters he faced in five scoreless innings of relief.
• The Beavers and Redhawks are meeting for the 14th time, and first since 2016.
• The Beavers have won three straight in the series dating back to 2011.
• OSU won a 5-4 matchup at Goss Stadium in 2016. Max Engelbrekt got the win and Logan Ice doubled to left field in the 11th for the walkoff victory.
• Ice was 4-for-6 in the win.
• The Beavers and Redhawks have met just five times since Seattle reinstated its program prior to the 2010 season.
Oregon State Notes
• Cooper Hjerpe and Travis Bazzana are the reigning Pac-12 Pitcher and Player of the Week, respectively. Hjerpe struck out a career-best 12 in a win Friday versus Arizona State. Bazzana, meanwhile, collected eight hights, 11 RBI and two home runs in five games versus Grand Canyon and Arizona State.
• Bazzana's eight RBI in the series opener against the Sun Devils were one shy of tying Ken Bowen's 1985 school record (versus Chico State). Bazzana is the first Beaver with eight RBI since Shea McFeely versus Portland in 2004.
• Jacob Melton saw hit streak snap versus Arizona State Sunday but has still reached base safely in 20 consecutive games.
• Bazzana now owns the team's longest active streak at six games, and is 10-for-30 with 13 RBI during it.
• Bazzana has vaulted into a tie for third in the Pac-12 with 23 RBI. Melton is the league's leader at 35 to go along with a Pac-12 best .868 slugging percentage.
• Tanner Smith also has a five-gamer going, where he is 10-for-19 with four doubles, a home run and four RBI.
• Mason Guerra is 10 for his last 14, with five doubles, six runs scored, three walks and three RBI.
• Garret Forrester is first in the Pac-12 with 22 walks. He is second in OBP at .532.