Golfers Visit Stanford for The Goodwin
Oregon, which has four top-five finishes, in its last five tournaments wraps up the month of March at The Goodwin Thursday through Saturday at the 6,742-yard, par-70 Stanford Golf Course.
• The Ducks' top-five finishes this season include two wins - the Saint Mary's Invitational (Nov. 8-10) and the Bandon Dunes Championship (March 6-8), a runner-up finish at The Prestige (Feb. 21-23) and a fifth-place showing at the Duck Invitational earlier this week.
• Greg Solhaug has posted back-to-back top-10 finishes. He tied for fourth at the Bandon Dunes Championship and tied for ninth at the Duck Invitational. He also tied for fifth at the Saint Mary's Invitational.
• Owen Avrit has had 13 sub-par rounds in 24 total rounds in 2021-22, including a career-low 64 at the Maui Jim Invitational. He leads the team with 72 birdies this season.
• Eric Doyle earned his best career finish at The Prestige, tying for seventh at 5-over 218.
• Nate Stember finished eighth at the Bandon Dunes Championship (+1).
• Oregon closed out the fall with an impressive victory at the Saint Mary's Invitational Nov, 8-10. The Ducks rallied over the final two holes to top No.6 Stanford by two strokes..