Men’s Tennis Bounces Back at UCLA
LOS ANGELES – Stanford rebounded from narrow defeat on Friday to topple UCLA, 4-2, on Saturday afternoon. The Cardinal improves to 11-3 this season with a 2-1 mark in Pac-12 play.
The Cardinal dropped the doubles point for the second consecutive match, as the Bruins picked up results on courts two and three.
UCLA's lead grew to 2-0 with a win in the first slot, but the Cardinal responded with four straight singles wins to take the match. Axel Geller scored Stanford's first point on court two, 6-1, 7-5, with Timothy Sah close behind on court six to tie the match, 7-6, 6-2. Alexandre Rotsaert and Max Basing finished a pair of three-set wins to send Stanford off with the triumph, with Basing delivering the final blow.
Stanford remains on the road next weekend at Arizona and Arizona State.
No. 13 Stanford 4, No. 59 UCLA 2
1) Revelli/Zahraj (UCLA) led No. 48 Fery/Geller (STAN), 5-2 uf
2) Hoogmartens/Bryce Pereira (UCLA) d. Tomas Kopczynski/Timothy Sah (STAN), 6-3
3) Lee/Leustian (UCLA) d. Basing/Rotsaert (STAN), 6-2
Order of Finish: 2, 3
1) No. 38 Alexander Hoogmartens (UCLA) d. No. 2 Arthur Fery (STAN), 6-3, 6-1
2) Axel Geller (STAN) d. Patrick Zahraj (UCLA), 6-1, 7-5
3) No. 58 Max Basing (STAN) d. Giacomo Revelli (UCLA), 2-6, 7-5, 6-3
4) Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN) d. Karl Lee (UCLA), 6-3, 5-7, 6-2
5) Eric Hahn (UCLA) led Sangeet Sridhar (STAN), 6-7, 5-7, 1-0 uf
6) Timothy Sah (STAN) d. Stefan Leustian (UCLA), 7-6, 6-2
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 6, 4, 3