Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - March 28, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Ethan Long, Arizona State
(So., INF - Gilbert, Ariz.)
4 GP, .529 AVG, .526 OBP, 1.118 SLG, 6 RBI, 3 HR, 6 R, 9 H, 4 XBH
- Hit .529 over four games this week and led the Sun Devils to a series victory over Washington.
- Had multiple hits in all four games on the week on 9-of-17 hitting, recording three home runs and a massive 1.118 slugging percentage to go with his team high six RBIs and six runs scored.
- Recorded the go-ahead RBI again UW in the series clinching win on Saturday.
- Fourth time in his career that Long has won this award, having won it three times last season as a freshman. First Sun Devil to win it this season.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Quinn Mathews, Stanford
(Jr., LHP - Aliso Viejo, Calif.)
1 GP, 1-0, 7.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 3 H, 3 BB, 11 K
- Career-high 11 strikeouts in a victory over Washington State. Struck out six through three innings and eight through four en route to surpassing his previous high of 10 against No. 2 Arkansas earlier this season.
- Quality start in four of his last five outings.
- Third time in six starts this year he's gone 6+ innings without allowing a run
- Second time this season that Mathews has won this award after earning it in the second week of the season. First Stanford pitcher to win this award multiple times in the same season since Brendan Beck did it twice last season.
Player of the Week: Travis Bazzana, OSU; TJ Clarkson, UTAH; Mac Bingham, ARIZ; Keshawn Ogans, CAL; Colby Shade, ORE; Brock Jones, STAN; Malakhi Knight, UCLA
Pitcher of the Week: Garrett Irvin, ARIZ; Tyler Meyer, ASU; Joseph King, CAL; Kolby Somers, ORE; Cooper Hjerpe, OSU; Thatcher Hurd, UCLA
|Feb. 21||Tanner O’Tremba (Arizona)||Dawson Netz (Arizona)|
|Feb. 28||Brett Barrera (Stanford)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|
|March 7||Carson Yates (UCLA)||Joseph King (California)|
|March 14||Daniel Susac (Arizona)||Adam Tulloch (Arizona State)|
|March 21||Travis Bazzana (Oregon State)||Cooper Hjerpe (Oregon State)|
|March 28||Ethan Long (Arizona State)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|