Utah Baseball Wraps Six-Game Home Stand Tuesday vs. UVU
|2022 Utah Baseball Game Notes|
Date // Time (MT)
|Utah (14-9-1 overall, 2-4 Pac-12) vs. Utah Valley (8-16 overall, 2-7 WAC)
Tuesday, March 29 // 6 p.m. MT
|Location||Salt Lake City, Utah (Smith's Ballpark)|
|Tickets||Buy Tickets // Or call (801) 581-UTIX (8849)
Admission for students is always FREE with a valid UCard
|Streaming||Utah Live Stream|
|Radio||ESPN 700 AM // Listen Live|
|Game Notes||Utah // UVU|
|@UtahBaseball Social Media||Twitter // Instagram // Facebook // #GoUtes // #UteNotes|
The First Pitch: Things to Know
• It's another home midweek matchup for the Utah baseball team at Smith's Ballpark, as the Utes are set to welcome Utah Valley for a 6 p.m. game on Tuesday, March 29. The matchup marks the end of a six-game home stand for the Utes, who swept a midweek pair vs. Northern Colorado (March 22-23) and won the middle game of a three-game set vs. Mercer (March 25-27).
• For Utah, this will be the first of three scheduled matchups with UVU during the 2022 season with the teams slated to rematch in Orem on April 5 and April 27. Previously, the Utes and Wolverines were on the books for a February 22 contest, though this game was postponed due to weather.
• Tuesday's game will also be the Utes' final tune-up before resuming Pac-12 Conference play. The team travels to Washington State this weekend and will face the Cougars in Pullman, Washington from April 1-3.
• Utah won both meetings with UVU during the 2021 season, and is looking for the ballclub's sixth win in the last seven meetings with the Wolverines.
Recap in a Minute
The Utes were last in action over the weekend, hosting Mercer for a three-game non-conference series. Utah fell in the rubber game by an 11-5 score, but the bats showed up in a dominant way in Saturday's middle contest, a 25-8 victory for the home side. It was a nice bounce back win for the Utes, who were outlasted by Mercer in the series opener, 6-4.
• The 25 runs for Utah in Saturday's game were the most for the team since 2010. It was also the first 26-hit performance in a game since the 2008 season.
• Both TJ Clarkson and Landon Frei contributed five hits for Utah in the win, marking the first five-hit game for a Utah player since DaShawn Keirsey, Jr. did so during the 2018 season. It also marked the first time since May 2002 that multiple Utes had five hits in the same game. In Frei's case, he became the first freshman to have five hits in a game since the 2017 campaign.
• Alex Baeza finished a double short of the cycle in the game and Clarkson was just a triple short of the feat as well.