Baseball Returns Home To Host Stanford For Three
Oregon State (19-5, 6-3) vs. Stanford (12-8, 4-5)
April 1, 2022 • 6:05 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (6-0, 2.41) vs. RHP Alex Williams (2-1, 4.39)
Oregon State and Stanford open a three-game series Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 6:05 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast on Pac-12 Oregon with Rich Burk on the call.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Network can find the game online at Pac-12.com or via smartphones and tablets using the Pac-12 Now app.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Jacob Melton's ninth-inning sacrifice fly proved to be the game-winner as Oregon State held on for a 9-8 win over Nevada on Wednesday in Reno. Jabin Trosky set a season-best with three hits and three RBI in the win. Oregon State totaled 13 hits in the win, with Travis Bazzana and Greg Fuchs posting two apiece.
• Oregon State and Stanford have met 96 times previous to this week's series, and are deadlocked at 48 wins apiece.
• The Beavers are 6-4 in their last 10 versus the Cardinal, including a 2-1 series victory in 2018. That happened to be the last time Stanford visited Corvallis as the 2020 series was canceled due to Covid-19.
• The Beavers have won four consecutive series at home versus the Cardinal, going 9-3 at Goss Stadium since 2012.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State leads the Pac-12 Conference with 238 runs. The Beavers are fifth nationally averaging 9.9 runs per game.
• OSU's 238 runs are the most through 24 games for the Beavers this century. It's the first time OSU has reached 200 since the 2004 team totaled 24 through its first 24.
• The Beavers enter the series first in the Pac-12 in batting average (.336), walks (147) and on-base percentage (.444). OSU leads in OBP by 32 points as the Beavers and Oregon are the only two teams in the conference at .400 or above.
• Jacob Melton leads the Pac-12 individually with 41 RBI on the year. Travis Bazzana is second with 31.
• Justin Boyd ranks third in the conference with a .405 batting average. Bazzana, meanwhile, is fifth at .392.
• Bazzana is on a 12-game hit streak and is 24-for-55 with four doubles, three home runs, 17 runs scored and 21 RBI during it.
• Saturday's probable starter, Cooper Hjerpe, is 3-2 with a 2.19 ERA lifetime at Goss Stadium. He has 73 strikeouts to 15 walks in 49 1/3 innings.
• Hjerpe also leads the Pac-12 with 51 strikeouts this season.
• Tanner Smith heads into the series on an eight-game hit streak. He is 15-for-30 with for doubles, three home runs and eight RBI.