No. 13 USC Men’s Tennis Wins Another Pac-12 Road Match With 4-1 Victory At Washington
SEATTLE— The No. 13 USC men's tennis team rustled up another road win with a 4-1 victory over host Washington today in Seattle. Once again, the Trojans claimed the doubles point with two decisive decisions — this time from courts one and three — and then collected the necessary three singles wins to secure the Pac-12 victory. Claiming the clincher for the team-best fifth time this season was freshman Ryan Colby, whose straight-set win from court four sealed the deal. USC improves to 15-5 overall and to 5-1 in Pac-12 play with today's victory.
Once again, USC's top guns, #17 Stefan Dostanic and Bradley Frye, drummed up the opening win with a 6-2 victory on court one to tally their seventh straight victory. On court three, USC's Ryder Jackson and Samuel Rubell plugged that first point on the board for USC with a 6-2 decision of their own, and the teams were on to singles play with a 1-0 advantage for the 10th consecutive match.
On court five in singles, #73 Lodewijk Weststrate got right down to business in blasting USC ahead 2-0 with his 6-4, 6-2 win over Cesar Bouchelaghem. Next, #46 Peter Makk registered his third straight singles win on a swift 6-3, 6-4 win on court three over #100 Ewen Lumsden. The Huskies would fire back and claim their first point when Jack Davis upended USC's #116 Bradley Frye 7-6 (1), 6-2, but Colby was ready and waiting to get things back in Trojan control. The freshman scooped up a 7-6 (4), 6-3 win over Han-Chih Lin on court four, bringing action to close on USC's 4-1 victory. Two Trojans were looking in position for victories when play came to a close, with #6 Stefan Dostanic up 5-4 in the third set against #4 Clement Chidekh and Samuel Rubell poised with a 5-1 lead in the second against Nedim Suko in Rubell's first appearance in the singles lineup this season.
USC gets back to Los Angeles next to set up for a rivalry tilt against crosstown rival UCLA. The Trojans will visit the Bruins at 3 p.m. on Saturday (April 9) at Los Angeles Tennis Center.
#13 USC 4, Washington 1
April 3, 2022 | Seattle, Wash.
(1) #17 Dostanic/Frye (USC) def. Davis/Wong (UW) - 6-2
(2) Makk/Weststrate (USC) vs. #34 Chidekh/Suko (UW) - 4-4 susp.
(3) Jackson/Rubell (USC) def. Bouchelaghem/Lumsden (UW) - 6-2
Order of finish: 1, 3
USC wins doubles point.
(1) #6 Stefan Dostanic (USC) vs. #4 Clement Chidekh (UW) - 1-6, 6-4, 5-4 susp.
(2) Jack Davis (UW) def. #116 Bradley Frye (USC) - 7-6 (1), 6-2
(3) #46 Peter Makk (USC) def. #100 Ewen Lumsden (UW) - 6-3, 6-4
(4) Ryan Colby (USC) def. Han-Chih Lin (UW) - 7-6 (4), 6-3*
(5) #73 Lodewijk Weststrate (USC) def. Cesar Bouchelaghem (UW) - 6-4, 6-2
(6) Samuel Rubell (USC) vs. Nedim Suko (UW) - 7-6 (3), 5-1 susp.
Order of finish: 5, 3, 2, 4*