Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 4, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Baylee Klingler, Sr., INF, Washington (Houston, Texas)
» 3 G, .364 AVG, 4 H, 3 HR, 4 R, 6 RBI, 1.182 SLG
- Hit a grand slam in game two at No. 19 Arizona to lead the Huskies to the series-clinching win over the Wildcats.
- All four of her career grand slams have come this season.
- Hit three home runs in three games to bring her season total to 17, the second-most in the nation and the top mark in the conference.
- Second Player of the Week honor this season (Feb. 22).
ALSO NOMINATED: Jordyn Gasper, Utah; Sarah Haendiges, Oregon State; Sharlize Palacios, Arizona; Delanie Wisz, UCLA.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Sarah Haendiges, Fr., P, Oregon State (Upland, Calif.)
» 2-0, 2 GS, 2 CG, 17.0 IP, 9 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 16 K, 0.00 ERA
- Did not allow a run and struck out 16 in 17 innings of work to lead the Beavers to a perfect 4-0 week, including their first weekend sweep of the season at California.
- Gave up nine hits and did not walk anyone.
- Began the Cal series with a complete-game, two-hitter in the opener, a 4-0 OSU win.
- Had six strikeouts in another complete game in Sunday's finale, which the Beavers won, 1-0.
- Appeared in all four games last week, including two starts two relief appearances.
- OSU has won four straight and over the last seven games, it has outscored its opponents 29-2, including five shutouts.
ALSO NOMINATED: Megan Faraimo, UCLA; Shi Smith, Utah; Alana Vawter, Stanford.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Kiki Escobar, Fr., INF, Oregon State (Oxnard, Calif.)
» 4 G, .625 AVG, 10 H, 2 2B, 4 R, 2 RBI, 2 SB, 12 TB, 0.750 SLG
- Led Oregon State in hits (10), with two doubles, a pair of RBI and a team-high four runs scored in four wins against Saint Mary's and California (3).
- Totaled 12 bases and hit .625 in the four games.
- Leads the Conference in total hits and is third in the nation (53).
- Over the last seven games, Oregon State has outscored its opponents 29-2.
- Second Freshman of the Week honor this season (Feb. 22).
ALSO NOMINATED: Paige Dimler, Arizona; Olivia Johnson, Washington; Kendall Lundberg, Utah; Savannah Pola, UCLA.