Utah Lacrosse Travels To Cleveland State Saturday
The University of Utah Lacrosse program is ready to hit the road for the second-to-last time, taking on the Cleveland State Vikings on Saturday, April 9. The game is set for a 9 a.m. MT start on Krenzler Field.
HOW TO WATCH
A live stream of the game and live stats will be provided by Cleveland State with the game airing on ESPN+. Direct links to both the stream and the live stats are available on the Utah Lacrosse schedule page on www.UtahUtes.com.
To get inside access to the Utah Lacrosse program including behind the scenes videos and photos, in-game updates, and much more, make sure to follow along on social media (Instagram: @UtahLacrosse | Twitter: @UtahLacrosse).
• Utah is currently receiving votes in both the Inside Lacrosse Media and the USILA Coaches Polls.
• Utah leads the country in clearing percentage (.937).
• Through eight games, Utah leads the ASUN in clearing percentage (.937), scoring defense (11.38) and turnovers per game (16.0).
• The Utes rank 13th nationally and second in the ASUN in shot percentage (.321).
• Utah has 101 goals through eight games, 38 away from setting a team single-season record with four regular season game remaining.
Utah Lacrosse has embraced the term "Road Warriors" over the years and this year has been no different. The Utes have two remaining road matches (8 total) during its 12-game regular season slate with Utah set to travel close to 14,000 miles during the season, including the 1,728 miles to Cleveland on Saturday.
LAST TIME OUT
In its first ASUN Conference game, Utah earned a 10-8 victory over Air Force on Saturday, April 2 for its fourth road win and fifth overall of the season.
• Utah finished the game with 35 shots, including 21 on goal.
• The Utes forced eight turnovers while recording 20 ground balls.
• Out of the 10 goals scored, nine different players found the back of the net, led by Koa Todd who scored his first-career multi-goal game (2).
CLIMBING THE LEADER BOARD
The Utes have broken records and placed the team and players on multiple all-time lists this season through eight games with four remaining.
• Utah set school records for team single-game points (35) and goals (23) against Mercer on March 26, also tying the record for face-offs won (24).
• Utah's 46 ground balls against Mercer also ranks second all-time while the Utes' 13 caused turnovers against Vermont also sits in second in program history.
• Cole Brams racked up 17 ground balls against Mercer, setting a new school record for single-game ground balls while his 23 faceoff wins also set a program record.
• Jordan Hyde's six goals against Mercer ties for second in Utah history in single-game goals with Jimmy Perkins (6 at Hartford, 4/13/19).