USC Baseball Set to Host No. 5 Oregon State, Head to CSUN
THIS WEEK: The USC baseball team returns to Pac-12 play this weekend, hosting No.5 Oregon State for a three-game series starting on Friday. The Trojans then head to CSUN for a Tuesday afternoon matchup.
Friday - USC vs. Oregon State (Dedeaux Field), April 8, 6 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Saturday - USC vs. Oregon State (Dedeaux Field), April 9, 2 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Sunday - USC vs. Oregon State (Dedeaux Field), April 10, 1 p.m. (USC Live Stream)
Tuesday - USC vs. CSUN (Northridge, Calif.), April 12, 3 p.m. (ESPN+)
Friday - USC: LHP Isaac Esqueda (1-0, 1.35 ERA) vs. OSU: LHP Cooper Hjerpe (6-0, 1.94 ERA)
Saturday - USC: RHP Tyler Stromsborg (1-1, 4.04 ERA) vs. OSU: RHP Jacob Kmatz (4-0, 3.90 ERA)
Sunday - USC: RHP Charlie Hurley (4-1, 1.64 ERA) vs. OSU: TBA
BROADCAST INFO: All three home games will be streamed live on Pac-12+ via USCTrojans.com. Tuesday's game will be shown live on ESPN+. Links to all of the broadcasts are available on the baseball schedule page at USCTrojans.com.
FOLLOW: Fans can also follow the action through live stats on USCTrojans.com. Live, in-game updates will be available for all games from @USC_Baseball on Twitter as well.
GET SOCIAL: Follow USC Baseball on social media to get updates on everything going on with the team this season. The Trojans can be found at @USC_Baseball on Twitter, @sctrojans_baseball on Instagram and USC Trojans Baseball on Facebook.
LAST WEEK: The Trojans picked up their third sweep of the season this past weekend, taking all three games from San Jose State at home. The Trojans then dropped a monday night contest to Hawaii.
SALUTE TO SKIP: USC will be honoring legendary coach Mike Gillespie with a pregame number retirement ceremony on Saturday at Dedeaux Field.
SERIES VS. OSU: The Trojans lead the all-time series 57-37. The Beavers won two-of-three in Corvallis last year.
SERIES VS. CSUN: USC leads the all-time series 53-25. The teams last played in 2018, with CSUN winning two-of-three in a series at USC.
- USC's 9 triples are the 3rd most in the Pac-12 and 41st in the NCAA.
- USC's pitching staff has allowed 3.46 walks/9, the 4th fewest in the conference and 36th in the NCAA
- USC's 18 sacrifice flies are the most in the Pac-12 and 12th in the NCAA
- The Trojans' 1.15 HR/game are 2nd in the Pac-12.
- The Trojans have 4 players who have recorded a save this season; Matt Keating (5), Garrett Clarke, Carson Lambert, Nate Clow.
- Trevor Halsema earned Pac-12 Player of the Week Honors after hitting thre homers and driving in six runs against San Jose State. Halsema has hit safely in five straight games.
- Adrian Colon-Rosado leads USC with a .375 batting average which is also good for 4th in the Pac-12. He has reached base in each of his last 24 games played.
- Tyresse Turner's 9 stolen bases are 3rd in the Pac-12.
- Charlie Hurley's 1.64 ERA is 4th best in the Pac-12. He tossed a career-high 8.0 innings against SJSU last weekend, giving up 2 unearned runs and 2 hits. His 7.04 hits/9 are the 8th fewest in the Pac-12 and 1.07 WHIP is 7th best.
- Tyler Lozano leads the Trojans with 6 long balls this season. His 0.27 HR/game are 6th best in the Pac-12.
- Matt Keating leads the Pac-12 with 5 saves and 13 pitching appearances are 15th in the conference. Keating owns a 1.50 ERA in 18.0 innings pitched.
- Carson Lambert has made 14 appearances on the mound, 8th most in the Pac-12, and his 3.00 ERA in 27.0 innings pitched qualifies for 12th best in the conference.
- Isaac Esqueda made his first start since Feb. 25 when he tossed 1.2 innings against San Jose State last Friday. Esqueda was out with a minor leg injury.