Stanford Wins in Seattle
SEATTLE - No. 17 Stanford started its weekend road trip with a dominating win, cruising past No. 28 Washington 6-1 in Seattle.
The Cardinal took courts two and three in doubles using a pair of combinations that had never before played a dual match together. Joining seniors with freshmen, Niluka Madurawe and Valencia Xu earned a 6-3 win on court three followed by Sara Choy and Alexandra Yepifanova coming from behind for a 7-5 win on court two.
Stanford tallied straight set victories in all five of its singles wins, only dropping the match on court one. Angelica Blake was first on court three before Sara Choy and Valencia Xu clinched the win for the Cardinal.
Stanford rounds out its trip to the Pacific Northwest visiting Washington State on Sunday at 10 a.m.
No. 17 Stanford 6, No. 28 Washington 1
1. #10 Angelica Blake/Connie Ma (STAN) led Hikaru Sato/Vanessa Wong (UW) 5-3 DNF
2. Sara Choy/Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) d. Kelly Leung/Zoey Weil (UW) 7-5
3. Niluka Madurawe/Valencia Xu (STAN) d. Tara Chilton/Yolanda Lin (UW) 6-3
Order of Finish: 3, 2
1. Vanessa Wong (UW) d. #14 Connie Ma (STAN) 7-5, 6-2
2. #20 Alexandra Yepifanova (STAN) Hikaru Sato (UW) 6-3, 6-4
3. Angelica Blake (STAN) d. Yolanda Lin (UW) 6-2, 6-1
4. India Houghton (STAN) Kelly Leung (UW) 6-3, 6-1
5. #117 Valencia Xu (STAN) d. Zoey Weil (UW) 6-2, 6-3
6. Sara Choy (STAN) d. Tara Chilton (UW) 6-0, 6-1
Order of Finish: 3, 6, 5, 4, 1, 2