Men's Tennis Comes Up Short to No. 14 Stanford
STANFORD, Calif. – Oregon men's tennis hung tough against the 14th ranked team in the ITA standings, forcing a tiebreak in the decisive doubles match, before ultimately falling short 4-0.
How it Happened: The Ducks got a big win on court three in doubles from Luke Vandecasteele and Youssef Kadiri (6-3) and dropped the court one match 6-2. Ivailo Keremedchiev and Jesper Klov-Nilsson hung tough on court two and tied it up at 6-6, before the Cardinal would take the point with a 7-5 tiebreak win.
Stanford secured the next point of the day with a 6-1, 6-1 win on court four. Things continued to go the way of the Cardinal with a 6-2, 6-3 win on court three, giving Stanford a 3-0 lead on the day. The decisive point came on court two with a 6-4, 6-4 win. Courts one, three and six would go unfinished in the second set.
Up Next: Oregon heads back to Eugene for the final home matches of the season, hosting Arizona and Arizona State on Friday and Sunday, with evening matches vs. Eastern Washington on both days.
Oregon 0, No. 14 Stanford 4
1) Geller/Tomas Kopczynski (STAN) d. No. 32 Charlton/Q. Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-2
2) Rotsaert/Sridhar (STAN) d. Keremedchiev/Klov-Nilsson (ORE), 7-6 (5)
3) L. Vandecasteele/Youssef Kadiri (ORE) d. Basing/Timothy Sah (STAN), 6-3
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
1) No. 90 Joshua Charlton (ORE) led No. 110 Axel Geller (STAN), 6-3, 5-6 uf
2) No. 34 Max Basing (STAN) d. Quinn Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-4, 6-4
3) No. 92 Alexandre Rotsaert (STAN) led Ivailo Keremedchiev (ORE), 6-3, 2-5 uf
4) Sangeet Sridhar (STAN) d. Jesper Klov-Nilsson (ORE), 6-2, 6-3
5) Aryan Chaudhary (STAN) d. Luke Vandecasteele (ORE), 6-1, 6-1
6) Timothy Sah (STAN) led Ryoma Matsushita (ORE), 6-4, 5-1 uf
Order of Finish: 5, 4, 2