Pac-12 Baseball Players of The Week - April 11, 2022
Pac-12 Baseball Player of the Week: Nathan Martorella, California
(Jr., 1B - Salinas, Calif.)
4 GP, .526 AVG, .550 OBP, 1.158 SLG, 6 RBI, 2 HR, 8 R, 10 H, 7 XBH
- Delivered the go-ahead hits in both of Cal's wins over Washington to secure a series victory. Hit a go-ahead two-run home run in the seventh inning of Cal's 6-3 win over UW on April 9 and doubled home the go-ahead run in the fourth inning of the series-clinching win on April 10.
- Seven of his 10 hits went for extra bases, including two home runs and his first career triple.
- At least one hit in all four games, including a trio of three-hit performances.
- Surpassed 100 career hits with a 3-for-5 effort in Cal's series-clinching win over Washington on April 10.
- Struck out just once in 19 at bats during the four-game week
- First Cal player to win this award this season. Last player to win it was Cole Elvis on May 24, 2021.
Pac-12 Baseball Pitcher of the Week: Alex Williams, Stanford
(Sr., RHP - Castro Valley, Calif.)
1 GP, 1-0, 9.0 IP, 0.00 ERA, 3 H, 1 BB, 6 K
- Three-hit shutout on Friday night to earn the first win in a series sweep of ASU.
- The complete game, the first in the Pac-12 this season, was the third of Williams' career - including the first since tossing a shutout at No. 8 Texas Tech to send Stanford to the 2021 College World Series.
- Needed 101 pitches to navigate the nine innings, working around singles in the fifth, sixth and eighth, and a walk in the fourth for ASU's only baserunners.
- The right-hander struck out six batters to move to 3-1 on the year with the win.
- Faced one over the minimum in the final four innings, using a double play ball in the eighth to erase a leadoff single.
- The shutout was the sixth of the year for Stanford
- Second time Williams has won this award, previously honored in the opening week of the 2020 season (Feb. 18). Third time a Cardinal has won this award this season with Quinn Mathews having earned it twice.
Player of the Week: Tanner Smith, ORE; Garret Forrester, OSU; Vincent Martinez, STAN; Cody Schrier, UCLA; TJ Clarkson, UTAH; Kyle Russell, WSU
Pitcher of the Week: Sam Stoutenborough, CAL; Isaac Ayon, ORE; Cooper Hjerpe, OSU; Kelly Austin, UCLA; Zac McCleve, UTAH; Grant Taylor, WSU
|Feb. 21||Tanner O’Tremba (Arizona)||Dawson Netz (Arizona)|
|Feb. 28||Brett Barrera (Stanford)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|
|March 7||Carson Yates (UCLA)||Joseph King (California)|
|March 14||Daniel Susac (Arizona)||Adam Tulloch (Arizona State)|
|March 21||Travis Bazzana (Oregon State)||Cooper Hjerpe (Oregon State)|
|March 28||Ethan Long (Arizona State)||Quinn Mathews (Stanford)|
|April 4||Trevor Halsema (USC)||Cooper Hjerpe (Oregon State)|
|April 11||Nathan Martorella (California)||Alex Williams (Stanford)|