USC Announces Gameday Information for 2022 Football Spring Game
LOS ANGELES—USC's 2022 spring football game on Saturday, April 23, at noon PT at the Coliseum will feature both a live-action scrimmage that will air on ESPN and a robust fan fest that will include USC poster and T-shirt giveaways, a surplus sale of official USC football team gear, and an opportunity for fans to take the field after the game for photos and player autographs. The event is free and open to all fans.
"This is our fans' lone opportunity to see our football team before they take the field for our home opener on September 3," said USC Director of Athletics Mike Bohn. "Because of that, we want to invite our fans to enjoy complimentary access to the Coliseum, and it is important that we create a fan-focused event that is much bigger than just the action on the field. With the entire country watching as the only ESPN televised spring football game, we wanted to create a memorable experience for everyone involved. We can't wait to see our fans next Saturday."
The Coliseum gates will open at 10:30 a.m. PT. Standard concessions options, including alcohol sales, will be available. Parking will be $25 at either the Green Lot or the Blue Lot. Complimentary tickets will be uploaded to season ticket holders and student accounts today (Apr. 13), and an email will be sent to notify them that their tickets are available. Any other fans needing tickets can reserve them here. All spring game information, including additional parking details, is available here.
USC's spring game marks its final practice of the 2022 spring football slate and is the only practice open to the public. Matt Barrie, Kirk Herbstreit, Joey Galloway and Molly McGrath will call the game live on ESPN.
"This is going to be a great opportunity for Trojan fans to get a first glimpse of the team before the start of the 2022 season," said new USC head coach Lincoln Riley. "We can't wait to see the Trojan Family at the Coliseum for an afternoon of fun and football!"
Complete details for the 2022 spring football game are below.
Pre-Game Family Fan Fest
The pre-game family fan fest will begin when the gates open at 10:30 a.m. PT, and it will be held in the eastern end of the Coliseum by the Peristyle. The family fan fest will feature the following activities:
- Carnival Games – Carnival activities such as bounce houses, temporary tattoo artists and more will be located by the Peristyle
- Food Truck Alley – Six food trucks will be stationed around Olympic Plaza, including:
- Richeeze – Grilled Cheese and Melts
- Deli Doctor – Deli Sandwiches
- Made in Brooklyn – Pizza
- Oaxaca on Wheels – Mexican
- Messi Burger – Burgers and Fries
- Palazzolo's Gelato Truck – Gourmet Gelato
- Surplus Sale – More than 10 years' worth of official USC football team Nike product will be available for purchase at discounted pricing in a surplus sale presented by USC Athletics in partnership with the USC Bookstore. Over 7,000 items will be available for sale including polos, t-shirts (both short and long sleeve), shorts, pants, accessories (hats, gloves, beanies, backpacks, duffel bags), shoes and jerseys.
- Photo Opps – Numerous photo stations will be set up in front of the Peristyle and on the concourses, including the opportunity to take photos with Traveler and before a green screen recreating the backdrop of the Lincoln Riley press conference
- 15,000 Posters – The exclusive 2022 spring football game poster will be distributed to the first 15,000 fans in attendance
- 10,000 Shirts – 10,000 USC football shirts will be placed on seats on the north side of the stadium for early arrivers to the game
- Student Prizes – The following student prizes will be among those raffled off to students in attendance at the game: Nike gear, 2022 football season pre-game field passes and an opportunity to travel with the team on an away game trip
- Game Action – There will be an hour of warm-up drills beginning at 11 a.m. PT, followed by a live-game action scrimmage kicking off just after noon PT
- Fan Engagement – ESPN's commercial breaks will be filled with fun and engaging activities for fans including having the opportunity to compete against players and other fans in a variety of skills challenges
- Keely Content – USC Team Reporter Keely Eure and the Trojan Tailgate Crew of Jordan Moore, Shaun Cody and Max Browne will conduct live interviews in-stadium with coaches, players, Projans, and more
- The Trojan Marching Band – The Trojan Marching Band will be in attendance and playing all of the Trojan Family's favorites
- DJ Mal-Ski – Fresh off DJing the Los Angeles Rams' Super Bowl run and the 2022 NCAA Final Four, DJ Mal-Ski will entertain the crowd as only he can
- Post-Game On-Field Experience – Fans will be invited down to the field after the game to pose for photos on United Airlines Field and interact with players and coaches; Fans will be provided with the official 2022 Spring Game poster for player autographs
- Tower Tours– There will be a guided open house in the Scholarship Club Tower to allow all fans to check out the Coliseum's newest addition
Season tickets for the 2022 USC football season start at $299 and are available at usctrojans.com/tickets.