Baseball Gameday: Vs. Long Beach State (4/15/22)
Oregon State (25-7) vs. Long Beach State (15-17)
April 15, 2022 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
LHP Cooper Hjerpe (7-0, 1.70) vs. RHP Luis Ramirez (2-0, 0.33)
Oregon State and Long Beach State continue their three-game series Friday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be broadcast.
A live stream will be available and produced by Oregon State. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for the direct link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
TJ Wheeler drove in two on a third-inning single to send third-ranked Oregon State to a 3-1 win over Long Beach State Thursday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Gavin Logan also walked with the bases loaded in the third during the Beavers' three-run frame. Brock Townsend picked up his first win of the season with a career-long 4 1/3 innings of relief.
Oregon State Notes
• Cooper Hjerpe, Friday night's probable starter, has been stellar at home this season. He is 2-0 with a 0.89 ERA in 20 1/3 innings at Goss Stadium. He has allowed just 10 hits and three walks - a 0.64 WHIP - with 39 strikeouts.
• Hjerpe has given up just three hits and three walks in his last 15 innings at home, versus Arizona State and Stanford. He has 29 strikeouts over those two games, including 17 versus the Cardinal, the most in a game nationally this year.
• Jake Pfennigs made his first start since Feb. 26 against Xavier in Surprise, Ariz. Pfennigs tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings against LBSU, while allowing one hit.
• TJ Wheeler also made his first appearance, starting at designated hitter, for the first time since Feb. 26, also against Xavier. Thursday marked his first career appearance at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field.
• Wheeler now has 14 RBI in eight games this season. His two Thursday gave him four multi-RBI efforts on the year.
• The Beavers did not issue a walk for the fourth consecutive game and fifth time overall this season. They join Tennessee (six), Pittsburgh (six), Stetson (five) and Eastern Illinois (five) as teams who have five games or more without issuing a walk this season.
• Offensively, the Beavers have drawn 20 walks over those five games.
• Oregon State has also gone five consecutive games without committing an error, the team's second-longest streak of the season. It's two shy of the team's longest of seven from Feb. 25-March 12. The Beavers improved their season fielding percentage to .989 which leads the Pac-12; Oregon is second at .980.
• The Beavers have committed just four errors in 13 games at Goss Stadium this season.
• OSU lowered its team ERA to 3.98 after Thursday's win.
• The OSU bullpen has a 2.86 ERA in the month of April. It finished the month of March with a 6.03 mark.