Pac-12 Softball Weekly Awards - April 18, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Alynah Torres, Jr., INF, Arizona State (Glendale, Ariz.)
» 3 G, .500 AVG, 5 H, 3 HR, 5 R, 5 RBI, 1 2B, 1.500 SLG
- Hit .500 (5-for-10) to lead ASU to a sweep of Utah and extend its winning streak to 20 games, the longest active stretch in the nation.
- Knocked out three home runs, including back-to-back leadoff home runs on Friday and Saturday, drove in five and scored five times.
- A perfect 12-0 in conference, the Sun Devils have swept their first four Pac-12 series of the season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Ellessa Bonstrom, Utah; Ariel Carlson, Oregon; Frankie Hammoude, Oregon State; Baylee Klingler, Washington; Sharlize Palacios, Arizona; Makena Smith, California.
PITCHER OF THE WEEK: Kelley Lynch, Jr., P, Washington (Newman, Ga.)
» 1-0, 1 GS, 1 CG, 7.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 15 K,1 BB, 1.00 ERA
- Posted a career-high 15 strikeouts, the most by a Husky this season, in her only appearance against Oregon State, a 2-1 win on Friday.
- The second time in her career she has recorded 10+ strikeouts in a single game.
- Allowed only one run and three hits in finishing her third complete game of the season and first complete-game victory.
ALSO NOMINATED: Lindsay Lopez, Arizona State; Halle Morris, Utah; Devyn Netz, Arizona.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Cydney Sanders, Fr., INF, Arizona State (San Marcos, Calif.)
» 3 G, .545 AVG, 6 H, 1 2B, 3 HR, 8 RBI, 5 R, 2 BB, 16 TB, .615 OBP, 1.455 SLG
- Opened the series against Utah with a two-run home run to tie the game in the sixth inning and force extras.
- Tallied a home run in each game of the series, drove in eight and scored five runs.
- Had six hits in 11 at-bats (.545), including four extra-base hits.
- Helped the Sun Devils tie the longest conference winning streak in program history (12).
ALSO NOMINATED: Acacia Anders, California; Paige Dimler, Arizona; Paige Sinicki, Oregon.