Baseball Gameday: Vs. Gonzaga (4/19/22)
Oregon State (27-8) vs. Gonzaga (24-9)
April 19, 2022 • 5:35 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
RHP Brock Townsend (1-0, 5.09) vs. LHP Bradley Mullan (1-0, 3.79)
Oregon State and Gonzaga conclude their two-game midweek series Tuesday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 5:35 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be broadcast.
A live stream will be available and produced by Oregon State. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for the direct link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Justin Boyd drove in three runs and swiped three bases but the Beavers dropped a 13-6 decision to No. 12 Gonzaga in the first of two games in the midweek series on Monday. Jake Dukart doubled and tripled for the Beavers, who took an early 3-0 lead and then led 6-4 after two. Gonzaga, however, scored seven in the third and nine unanswered overall to snap the Beavers' seven-game win streak. Wade Meckler also posted two hits for the Beavers, who finished with 11 overall.
Oregon State Notes
• Brock Townsend, Tuesday's probable starter, is making his fourth career appearance against Gonzaga, and his second start. He is 1-0 with a 1.80 ERA in 10 innings during his career versus the Bulldogs. He also has eight strikeouts to one walk and 10 hits allowed.
• Townsend started against Gonzaga on Feb. 20 this season, scattering five hits and two runs in four innings. He struck out three but did not figure in the decision in the Beavers' 9-5 victory in Surprise, Ariz.
• Townsend has 17 strikeouts to just one walk in 19 career innings at Goss Stadium.
• Justin Boyd's three stolen bases Monday gave him 19 on the season, which surpassed UCLA's Kenny Oyama (17) for the most in the Pac-12 Conference this season.
• Boyd's 19 steals are the most by a Beaver since Adalberto Santos stole 20 in 2010. Boyd now needs just two to tie for the ninth-most in a single season by a Beaver; Todd Thomas (1983) and Tyler Graham (2005) both had 21.
• Boyd is aiming to become the first Beaver to lead the Pac-12 in steals since Nick Madrigal's 17 in 2017.
• Boyd has eight RBI over his last two games and now ranks tied for seventh in the Pac-12 with 34 on the year.
• Three of the top eight RBI producers in the Pac-12 are Beavers. In addition to Boyd, Jacob Melton leads the league with 44 and Travis Bazzana is third with 36.
• OSU is now tied for the Pac-12 lead with 52 stolen bases this season.
• Bazzana extended his hit streak to six games with a double in Monday's game. He is 8-for-20 with four doubles and six walks during the streak.
• OSU is 8-3 in the month of April with seven games remaining. The Beavers are looking for their 11th consecutive winning April.
• The Beavers are 3-0 on Tuesdays this season, including 1-0 at home.