No. 1 USC Beach Volleyball Set For Senior Day Crosstown Showdown with No. 3 UCLA
LOS ANGELES – No. 1-ranked USC (27-1) rides a 26-dual win streak into its regular-season finale against crosstown rival No. 3-ranked UCLA (28-4) on Friday, April 22, at 1 p.m. PT. The Trojans and Bruins will clash on Merle Norman Sand with a potential top seed in the upcoming Pac-12 Championship on the line. USC will honor 12 players including its 11 current seniors, graduates, and fifth-year players as part of post-match Senior Day ceremonies.
Match #29 • Friday, April 22 • 1 p.m. PT
No. 1 USC (27-1) vs. No. 3 UCLA (28-4)
Merle Norman Stadium • Los Angeles, Calif.
SERIES HISTORY: USC leads, 17-14 (.548)
STREAK: Won 1 • LAST 10: 5-5
LAST MEETING: W 4-1 (April 16, 2022 • San Luis Obispo)
OPPONENT WEBSITE: UCLABruins.com
- Defending champion USC owns four national championships including the first NCAA title in 2016 (AVCA '15, NCAA '17, '21).
- The Women of Troy also own three Pac-12 crowns (2016, '17, '19).
- USC is 63-10 under third-year head coach Dain Blanton.
- The Trojans have logged 5-0 wins 17 times this spring (129 all-time).
- USC is ranked No. 1 in both the AVCA and the CBVB.com Poll. It is the 85th time (of 85) the Trojans are ranked by the AVCA; USC's 84th time in the top 5. The Trojans have also held the No. 1 ranking a record 48 times.
- The Trojans' 26-dual winning streak is the third longest in program history. It sits behind a 29-match win streak from March 12, 2015, through March 5, 2016.
- The Women of Troy will honor its 11 seniors, grads, and fifth-year players on Senior Day and will also bring back Cammie Dorn (c/o 2020) for a belated Senior Day celebration.
- USC has celebrated 13 AVCA All-Americans (24 certificates). Four All-Americans return in 2022: Sammy Slater, Tina Graudina, Julia Scoles, and Megan Kraft.