Baseball Plays Oregon In Non-Conference Game Tuesday
Oregon State (31-8) vs. Oregon (26-13)
April 26, 2022 • 6:00 p.m. PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State visits Oregon in a non-conference matchup Tuesday night. First pitch at PK Park in Eugene is slated for 6 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be broadcast.
A live stream will be available and produced by Oregon. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for the direct link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Wade Meckler hit a seventh-inning two-run double to break a 1-1 stalemate and send Oregon State to a 7-1 victory over Washington Sunday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Jacob Melton, Justin Boyd and Kyle Dernedde all posted two hits for the Beavers, who finished with 10 as a team. OSU tied the game at one in the fourth, then exploded for six runs combined over their last two innings at bat. Ben Ferrer tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings for his first win as a Beaver. Ryan Brown picked up his fifth save of the season with two scoreless innings of work.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State held Washington to four runs on 10 hits and eight walks in 28 innings during the sweep. That amounts to a 0.64 WHIP.
• The bullpen alone combined to limit the Huskies to three hits and three walks in 14 innings. The 'pen struck out 21 and did not allow a run.
• Over the last 11 games - starting with the first game of the USC series - OSU's pitchers have issued just 17 walks while striking out 99.
• The Beavers have given up just 92 walks this season, second-fewest nationally to Tennessee's 90.
• Wade Meckler is on an eight-game hit streak where he is 17-for-34 (.500) with eight doubles and two home runs. He has also driven in 11 and scored 15 runs over that stretch.
• Meckler raised his average to .370 over that stretch and is now third in the Pac-12 in batting average.
• Oregon State stole 13 bases in its five games last week, including 10 in two versus then-No. 12 Gonzaga.
• The Beavers are tied with UCLA for the Pac-12 lead with 59 stolen bases this season. Justin Boyd is the Pac-12's individual leader at 19.
• Jacob Melton carries a nine-game hit streak into Tuesday's game. He is 10-for-31 (.323) with four doubles, a triple, one home run, eight walks and seven RBI during it.
• The Beavers are 12-3 in the month of April. With three games remaining in the month, OSU is assured of its 13th consecutive winning record in the month.
• OSU leads the nation with a .988 fielding percentage, .04 ahead of No. 2 Notre Dame.
• Travis Bazzana and Justin Boyd are both tied for the team lead with 19 multiple-hit efforts this season. Boyd has five two-hit games in his last six.