No. 6-Seeded Sand Devils Set For Pac-12s This Week
TEMPE, Ariz. – The bracket is out and Sun Devil Beach Volleyball is a No. 6 seed in the 2022 Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Championship starting on April 27 in Tucson. Arizona State will play the No. 3-seeded Stanford at 11:30 a.m. MST on Wednesday to start the double-elimination tournament, with every dual all week on the Pac-12 Networks.
??How To Follow
The championships are double-elimination. Should ASU win the first dual, the team will play again on Thursday at 10:15 a.m. MST. With a loss, the Sand Devils will play on Thursday at 9 a.m. MST.
The Pac-12 Championships will be live on the Pac-12 Network. For the full bracket and other information regarding the championships, head to the Pac-12's website. Updates will also be provided on the team social media accounts (@sundevilbeachvb).
Sun Devil Outlook
Arizona State (15-13, 5-6 Pac-12)
- Throughout the season, the Sun Devils have faced off against a total of 13 ranked opponents, winning one over in-state rival Arizona, who was ranked No. 13 at the time. The team has accumulated 15 wins, which is the third-highest season total in program history.
- Sand Devils graduate student and fifth-year player Cierra Flood moved up to rank second overall in program history in career wins with 63 total. Flood has become one of the most consistent players this season in the No. 1 spot alongside Lexi Sweeney, the only duo to be paired together all season and play in the same spot. The two have a 12-16 record.
- Fellow Sun Devil senior Maddy Salazar has had a stellar senior campaign, earning 16 victories so far on the season to lead the team. In the No. 5 spot this year, Salazar has three wins over ranked duos, each with a different partner. She has beat Arizona twice and picked up a win against GCU's No. 5 duo in the season opener.
- Sophomore Kate Fitzgerald and freshman Kylie Wickley have also had a solid 2022 season. Paired together for the latter half of the season, the two have defeated ranked opponents including No. 3 USC and No. 17 Arizona. At the Pac-12 North Invitational, the two went 3-1 defeating Oregon, Utah and Washington. Fitzgerald has earned 16 total victories on the season, tying Salazar for the most on the team. Wickley is right behind them with 15.
- The Sand Devils debuted a new home facility in 2022. The Sand Devil Beach saw multiple top-20 opponents in Arizona, Grand Canyon and Stanford. ASU went 4-2 at home this season.