USC Baseball Heads to Washington State, Hosts CSUN
THIS WEEK: The USC baseball team hits the road for a three-game series at Washington State and then returns home to host CSUN on Tuesday.
Friday - USC at Washington State (Pullman, Wash.), April 29, 6 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Saturday - USC at Washington State (Pullman, Wash.), April 30, 6 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Sunday - USC at Washington State (Pullman, Wash.), May 1, 12 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Tuesday - USC vs. CSUN (Dedeaux Field), May 3, 6 p.m. (Pac-12 Network)
Friday - USC: RHP Jaden Agassi (2-1, 4.81 ERA) vs. WSU: LHP Cole McMillan (3-3, 6.10 ERA)
Saturday - USC: RHP Tyler Stromsborg (1-4, 4.68 ERA) vs. WSU: RHP Grant Taylor (2-4, 4.41 ERA)
Sunday - USC: RHP Charlie Hurley (5-1, 2.55 ERA) vs. WSU: TBA
BROADCAST INFO: All four games this week will be televised live on the Pac-12 Network. Links to all of the broadcasts are available on the baseball schedule page at USCTrojans.com.
FOLLOW: Fans can also follow the action through live stats on USCTrojans.com. Live, in-game updates will be available for all games from @USC_Baseball on Twitter as well.
GET SOCIAL: Follow USC Baseball on social media to get updates on everything going on with the team this season. The Trojans can be found at @USC_Baseball on Twitter, @sctrojans_baseball on Instagram and USC Trojans Baseball on Facebook.
LAST WEEK: The Trojans dropped the first two games against Utah at home last weekend, but salvaged a victory on Sunday with a 4-2 win. Charlie Hurley tossed 6.1 strong innings in that Sunday start and Trevor Halsema made a diving catch for the final out with two Utah runners in scoring position. USC then picked up a non-conference win over No. 13 UC Santa Barbara on Tuesday, blasting four home runs, including two from Halsema, in an 11-7 victory.
SERIES VS. WSU: The Trojans lead the all-time series 76-34-1. The teams played in Los Angeles last season, with USC taking two of three.
SERIES VS. CSUN: The Trojans lead the all-time series 53-25. USC and CSUN played earlier this season, with the Trojans winning 16-10 in Northridge. USC hit six home runs in that game.
- USC's 49 home runs are 3rd in the Pac-12 and the Trojans' 1.29 HR/game are 3rd in the conference.
- The Trojans are 2nd in the Pac-12 and 45th in the NCAA with 20 sacrifice flies.
- Trojan pitchers have allowed 3.70 walks/9, the 4th best mark in the Pac-12.
- The Trojans have 4 players who have recorded a save this season; Matt Keating (6), Garrett Clarke, Carson Lambert, Nate Clow.
- Rhylan Thomas has been on a tear over the last 2+ weeks. He comes into the weekend riding a 9-game hitting streak, recording multiple hits in each contest during the streak. Over his last 9 games, he has 23 hits and has risen to 5th in the Pac-12 with a .368 batting average. Thomas is also the 3rd toughest player in the Pac-12 to strike out, fanning just once every 12.9 at-bats. Thomas leads USC with 20 multi-hit games (including a 5-hit game against CSUN) and his 1.50 hits/game are 5th in the Pac-12.
- Charlie Hurley's 2.70 ERA is 4th best in the Pac-12 and his 5 wins are 5th in the conference.
- Tyler Lozano leads the team and is 6th in the Pac-12 with 10 home runs this season. His 0.29 HR/game is the 4th best average in the conference. Lozano tied a USC record with 3 home runs in the opener against ASU, becoming the first player since Ricky Oropesa in 2010 to accomplish that feat.
- Tyler Stromsborg's 10 starts are a team-high and 2nd most in the Pac-12. He has tossed at least 5 innings in all but 3 of his starts so far this season.