No. 2 Baseball Heads To Eugene For Non-Conference Matchup
Oregon State (34-9) vs. Oregon (28-15)
May 3, 2022 • 6:00 p.m. PT • Eugene, Ore. • PK Park
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State visits Oregon in a non-conference matchup Tuesday night. First pitch at PK Park in Eugene is slated for 6 p.m. PT. The Rivalry Series is presented by Safeway-Albertsons, Spirit Mountain Casino, PacificSource Health Plans, Your Local Toyota Dealers and First Interstate Bank.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will not be broadcast.
A live stream will be available and produced by Oregon. Visit the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com for the direct link.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Ben Ferrer struck out five in 3 1/3 scoreless innings of relief to send No. 2 Oregon State to a 3-1 win over Utah Sunday night at Smith's Ballpark. With the win, the Beavers clinched the series over the Utes, winning the final two games of the weekend. The win also kept Oregon State in sole possession of first place in the Pac-12, one game ahead of UCLA. Ferrer picked up the win, improving to 2-0 this season. He limited Utah to a single and two walks.
Oregon State Notes
• The Beavers last played a conference team in four straight games in 1998 when taking on Washington for four consecutively. That was a year prior to the then-Pac-10 combining its North and South divisions.
• The Beavers have now gone eight consecutive games holding an opponent to scoring in just one inning in each respective contest. Technically, that's just seven as OSU tossed one shutout over that stretch.
• Wade Meckler is on a season-long 12 game-hit streak after going 3-for-5 Sunday. Meckler has 24 hits over the streak.
• Meckler has also reached base safely in all 43 games this season and 46 straight dating back to the end of the 2021 season. Meckler is the only Beaver to start every game this season.
• Garret Forrester has hit in 11 consecutive and Justin Boyd enters Tuesday at 10 straight, one shy of equaling his season-long.
• Over the past 13 games, OSU's pitching staff has limited opponents to 22 runs on 72 hits and 23 walks. That's an average of 1.69 runs and 5.53 hits per game.
• The Beavers have pitched in 117 innings over that stretch, totaling 128 strikeouts. The staff's WHIP over that stretch is 0.81.
• Oregon State is 20-3 away from home this season.
• The Beavers went errorless in all three games in Utah and have done so in six of their last eight games.
• OSU has given up just seven unearned runs this season, the fewest in the Pac-12. Stanford and Washington, at 20 unearned runs, have given up the second-fewest.
• The Beavers lead the nation in fewest walks allowed at 102. OSU was the last team in the nation to cross the 100-walk threshold.
• OSU is 23-5 when scoring first.