Utah Lacrosse Set For ASUN Championship Game vs. Robert Morris
The University of Utah Lacrosse program is set to play in the ASUN Championship game against the Robert Morris Colonials on Saturday, May 7. The game will start at 12 p.m. MT in Huntsville, Ala., at Milton Frank Stadium.
HOW TO WATCH
The game against Robert Morris will air live on ESPN+ with live stats being provided by the ASUN. Direct links to both video and live stats will be available on the Utah Lacrosse schedule page on www.UtahUtes.com.
To get inside access to the Utah Lacrosse program including behind the scenes videos and photos, in-game updates, and much more, make sure to follow along on social media (Instagram: @UtahLacrosse | Twitter: @UtahLacrosse).
Before the season began, the Atlantic Sun Conference put out the preseason coaches poll, with the Utes and Air Force tying for the top spot. Months later, the preseason praise came into fruition with Utah winning the ASUN regular season title with its 12-11 victory at Bellarmine.
• Utah leads the ASUN in scoring offense (13.38) and scoring defense (10.85), ranking in the top-25 nationally in both.
• Utah recorded its 10th win of the season with its 12-11 overtime win against Bellarmine in the ASUN Semifinals, a program record.
• Through 13 games, Utah has broken single-season records in points (283), goals (174), assists (109) and ground balls (416).
• The Utes are currently leading the country and the conference in clearing percentage (0.923).
• Utah is the only ASUN program ranked in the top-20 nationally in both assists and points per game.
LAST TIME OUT
In Utah's first postseason game in program history, the Utes came from behind to force overtime and eventually beat the Bellarmine Knights on a last second goal to win 12-11 and advance to the ASUN Championship game.
• Utah was down one with under a minute to play in regulation when Tyler Bradbury scored with just one second on the clock to send the game into overtime. It would then be Jordan Hyde with 30 seconds to go in overtime that would send in the game winner.
• Hyde scored a team-high six goals, including three in the second half and the game winner.
• MJ McMahon and Tyler Bradbury added two goals and one assist each.
• Cole Brams recorded a team-high 12 ground balls while winning 69-percent of his face-off attempts (18-of-26).
• Samuel Cambere racked up a career-high tying five caused turnovers.