Baseball Gameday: Vs. San Diego Or Vanderbilt (6/5/22)
Oregon State (46-15) vs. San Diego (37-19) or Vanderbilt (37-22)
June 5, 2022 • 6:00 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs. TBA
Oregon State plays in the NCAA Corvallis Regional Final Sunday night at 6 p.m. PT. The Beavers will await the winner of San Diego and Vanderbilt, who play at 1 p.m. earlier in the day.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on an ESPN channel yet to be announced with John Schriffen and Kevin Stocker on the call.
Subscribers to the ESPN family of networks can find the game online at espn.com or via the ESPN on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Garret Forrester and Travis Bazzana each homered and Wade Meckler tallied three hits to pace Oregon State to a 12-3 win over San Diego Saturday night at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. Forrester hit a two-run home run in the second, his eighth long ball of the season. He later drove in a run on a single in the fourth, giving him three RBI on the night and five in two games at the regional. Bazzana capped Oregon State's night offensively, hitting a solo home run to open the ninth. Meckler singled in the first, doubled in the fourth and singled again in the sixth.
Oregon State Notes
• If San Diego wins, the Beavers will be the home team at 6 p.m. If Vanderbilt wins, Oregon State will be the visitors.
• Oregon State is batting .303 at the regional and is led by Garret Forrester, who is 5-for-9 with a home run and five RBI.
• OSU is 5-for-6 in stolen bases during it.
• The Beavers' pitching staff has a 0.89 WHIP over the first two games. Opponents pitchers, meanwhile, are at 1.55.
• Wade Meckler scored three runs Saturday to give him 80 on the year. He's now just three shy of tying Cole Gillespie (2006) for the most in a single-season at OSU.
• Meckler also picked up three hits and has 88 on the year, tying him with teammate Jacob Melton for sixth in a single season.
• OSU's 470 runs scored as a team this season is its third-most since 1967. That tally trails only the 2018 (518) and 1997 (504) Beaver teams.
• Jake Dukart has seven hits over his last seven games played. He is 7-for-21 over that stretch and has raised his average to .260 from .241.
• Garret Forrester has nine extra-base hits in his last 13 games. He totaled 10 over his first 46 games of the season.
• Oregon State is aiming to advance to its first NCAA Super Regional since 2018 and eighth all-time. The Beavers would host one for the seventh time.