Baseball Gameday: Vs. Auburn (6/13/22)
Oregon State (48-17) vs. Auburn (41-20)
June 13, 2022 • 4:30 p.m. PT • Corvallis, Ore. • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs. RHP Mason Barnett (3-2, 4.13)
Oregon State and Auburn play in the finale of the Corvallis Super Regional Monday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. First pitch is slated for 4:30 p.m. PT.
All games air on the Beaver Sports Network with pre-game 30 minutes before first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1-FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games prior to 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com, and find the live broadcast on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be heard via the Varsity Network, which is available for users with smartphones and tablets. Download the free Varsity Network application for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will be broadcast live on ESPN2 with Roxy Bernstein and Todd Walker on the call.
Subscribers to the ESPN family of networks can find the game online at espn.com or via the ESPN app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
Jacob Melton and Travis Bazzana each homered in the fourth inning as Oregon State defeated Auburn, 4-3, Sunday night to force a game three at the Corvallis Super Regional.Jake Dukart drove in the game-winning run on a single in the sixth. Cooper Hjerpe started and scattered three hits and three runs in 5 2/3 innings. He was backed by Ben Ferrer, who earned his third save of the year by throwing 3 1/3 scoreless innings of relief.
Oregon State Notes
• Oregon State is the designated home team Monday.
• The Beavers are looking to advance to the College World Series for the eighth time in school history, and seventh since 2005.
• Oregon State is 29-11 in elimination games in the NCAA Super Regional era. The Beavers are 5-1 under Mitch Canham, including 2-0 during the 2022 postseason.
• Cooper Hjerpe set the Oregon State single-season strikeout record with 161. His fifth strikeout of the night Sunday came in the fourth versus Auburn's Kason Howell.
• Hjerpe also has 275 strikeouts for his career, which ranks fifth in the OSU record books.
• Justin Boyd extended his hit streak to 12 games with a game-opening single Sunday. He ended the game with three hits and is 26-for-57 (.456) during the streak.
• Boyd tied Wade Meckler for the team lead with 27 multiple-hit efforts.
• Jacob Melton's 17th home run of the season tied him with Adley Rutschman (2019) for the third-most in a single-season at OSU. Only Jim Wilson (21 in 1982) and Trevor Larnach (19 in 2018) have had more.
• The home run marked Melton's 83rd RBI of the season, tying him with Adley Rutschman (2018) for the single-season record at OSU.
• Wade Meckler hit his 23rd double of the season, tying him for fourth in a single season at OSU. He is two shy of record-holder Cole Gillespie's 25 in 2006.
• Sunday's game was the Beavers' 33rd of the season at Goss, setting a single-season record for most home games. OSU is 23-10 at home; the 23 wins are tied for the seventh-most in a single season.
• Oregon State is 28-7 in non-conference games. Only the 2006 (34), 2007 (39) and 2018 (35) teams have won more. Those three teams all picked up non-conference wins with victories in Omaha en route to national championships.
• The Beavers have set a single-season attendance mark with a total of 120,926 fans at Goss in 2022. Oregon State is averaging 3,664 fans per game, just two shy of the 2019 season's record 3,666.
• OSU is now 30-8 when an opponent commits one or more error. Conversely, the Beavers are 33-5 when going errorless.
• OSU is 35-8 when scoring first.