Enhanced Gameday Experience Coming To Cal Football
The anticipation and excitement surrounding the upcoming Cal football season isn't limited to just the play on the field.
Golden Bear fans will enjoy an enhanced gameday experience and upgraded FTX Field at California Memorial Stadium when they attend home games during the 2022 season.
New open-air suites for group seating will be available for purchase in the South endzone and on the East rim of the stadium, along with tabletop loge seating in the Southwest corner on the field level.
There will also be two private suites available on the seventh floor of the press box. All suites will welcome groups of up to 20 fans.
Cal Athletics also worked with ANC to add new bigger and sharper videoboards that have been added behind both endzones along with ribbon boards on both the East and West sides of the stadium. The new boards will have the best clarity of any outdoor venue in the nation, with 6mm resolution.
Cal has teamed up with Levy, the market-leading hospitality partner of world-class sports and entertainment venues, to elevate the food and beverage experience at Golden Bear football games. Fans will get an injection of local flavors for the upcoming season, highlighted by three outstanding restaurant partners - Starbird Chicken, a local spot offering all-natural, delicious chicken in a number of different flavors; Blue Line Pizza, a Silicon Valley favorite; and juicy burgers and barbecue from Sacramento staple Burgess Brothers.
"FTX Field at California Memorial Stadium is one of the best places to watch a college football game in the country," Cal Director of Athletics Jim Knowlton said. "We're excited about the trajectory of our football program and the 2022 home football schedule, and we expect these improvements to enhance the experience for our fans."
Below are further details about the stadium's new premium group seating areas, each of which comes with dedicated food and beverage service:
- Seventh Floor Suites
- Gridiron Suite: Spacious 600 square foot, seventh-floor south-side press box suite for groups up to 20, with 180-degree views, including private lounge area with views of the Bay
- Champion Suite: Seventh-floor press box suite on the 35-yard line for groups up to 20
- Open Air Suites
- South Endzone Terrace: Four open-air suites at the optimum viewing level above the south endzone in sections M and MM for groups up to 20, with spacious private dining, bar and viewing areas
- Strawberry Canyon Terrace: Two open-air suites on East Rim for groups up to 20, with spacious private dining, bar and viewing areas
- Field Club South Loge
- Eight open-air, table top seating for four, along the southwest corner of the field level
Season tickets, mini plans, groups and single-game tickets are available now and can be secured by visiting calbears.com, calling 800-GO-BEARS, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Bears kick off the 2022 season on Sept. 3 against UC Davis at FTX Field at California Memorial Stadium.
"We are thrilled about these enhancements to our storied football stadium," Cal Senior Associate Athletics Director and Chief Marketing & Communications Officer Markeisha Everett said. "We value our fans' experience at all of our venues and these changes will make Saturdays in Strawberry Canyon all that much better."