Beavers Remain Home to Take on Seton Hall
***PLEASE NOTE, KICKOFF FOR FRIDAY'S MATCH HAS BEEN MOVED TO 7:30 P.M.***
THE GAME: The No. 10 ranked Oregon State men's soccer team will host Seton Hall Friday evening at Lorenz Field.
FOLLOW ALONG: Friday's match will be available via live stream at OSUBeavers.com. Live stats for the match will be available at OSUBeavers.com, and all matches can be followed on Twitter @BeaverMSoccer.
UP NEXT: The Beavers will hit the road for the first time this season next week, when they head to UC Santa Barbara. OSU will return home Sept. 15 vs. Seattle U.
- The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
- Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
- The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss' four years as head coach
- Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .660
- Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
- The Beavers welcome 19 newcomers to this year's squad
- Oregon State has representatives of 10 different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Senegal
- The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
- Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
- Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
- Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State's 20 matches
- The Beavers are 32-6-7 at home during Boss' tenure
- Oregon State is unbeaten in its last 11 home matches
- OSU has not lost in its last six Pac-12 home matches
- Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
- Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
- Gael Gibert, Javier Armas and Lund are the only three Beavers to play every minute in the first two matches.
- The Beavers have taken 17 corner kicks this season, compared to six for their opponents.
- Friday will mark Oregon State's first ever matchup with Seton Hall.
- The Beavers faced one Big East foe last season, St. John's in the NCAA Tournament. Oregon State won that match 2-0, with Javier Armas and Mouhameth Thiam scoring the goals.