Postgame Notes: Utah at Florida
Sep 3, 2022
(at) Florida 29, No. 7 Utah 26
Gainesville, Fla. (Ben Hill Griffin Stadium)
Sat., Sept. 3, 2022
Kick: 7:11 p.m. ET | End: 10:38 p.m. ET
Attendance: 90,799 (sellout)
- Utah is 27-4 in regular season non-conference games as a member of the Pac-12 and 33-9 in all non-conference games (including postseason) as a member of the Pac-12.
- Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham is 144-71 all-time and 75-55 all-time against current Power Five teams. Saturday's game vs. Florida marked Whittingham's 215th game at the helm and 340th on the sideline.
- Utah is 77-51-1 all-time in season openers.
- Utah won the coin toss and deferred to the second half.
- Quarterback Cameron Rising (216 yards passing) eclisped 200 yards in the air for the sixth time in his career. Rising had five such performances during the 2021 season.
- Rising also rushed for 91 yards, one yard shy of his career-high.
- Brant Kuithe (105 yards receiving) and running back Tavion Thomas (115 yards rushing) each recorded 100-yard games. It is the first time Utah has had both a 100-yard rusher and receiver in the same game since the Dec. 19, 2020 matchup with Washington State (Ty Jordan - 154 yards rushing; Britain Covey - 134 yards receiving).
- Kuithe recorded a career-high nine receptions against Florida. It reset his previous career-high of eight catches vs. Oregon State during the 2020 season.
- Kuithe now has 138 receptions in his career, the ninth best mark in program history. He passed Travis LaTendresse (135 rec.) in the contest.
- Kuithe has caught a pass in 29 straight games, tied for the fourth-longest active streak in FBS football.
- Thomas rushed for 115-yards, his eighth career-game with 100+ rushing yard game and his sixth in a Ute uniform.
- R.J. Hubert's fumble recovery and subsequent 47-yard return were both the first of Hubert's career. The force was credited to Jonah Elliss and was the first of Elliss' career.
- Hubert's 47-yard fumble return is the longest since Mika Tafua's 68-yard return in 2019 (vs. UCLA) and the eighth-longest in program history.
- Cole Bishop led the Utes with 12 tackles in the game, which reset his career-high for tackles. Previously Bishop's career-high tackles was eight, which Bishop logged three times and most recently vs. Ohio State in the Rose Bowl.
- Bishop's 12 tackles were the most by a Utah player in a season opener since Gionni Paul's 14-tackle performance vs. Michigan on Sept. 3, 2015.
- Jordan Noyes made a career-long 43-yard field goal in the second quarter.
- For the second time in his career, Noyes made two field goals (43, 31) in a contest. His first multi-field goal game was at Oregon State in 2021.
- Punter Jack Bouwmeester made his collegiate debut with two punts totaling 93 yards. It includes a long of 48 yards during the second quarter.
- Micah Bernard recorded his first career kick returns as a Ute (two returns for 35 yards).
Related News & Videos
9 minutes ago