Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week - Sept. 5, 2022
Sep 5, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Ilijah Paul, So., F, WASHINGTON (Gilbert, Ariz.)
2 matches, 4 goals, 1 assist, 9 points
- Entering the week with one career point, the sophomore striker erupted for four goals and factored into 5-of-6 goals in a 2-0-0 week for No. 8 Washington.
- Scored first collegiate goal in 65th minute and assisted on decisive 67th-minute tally in Monday's 2-1 victory over Central Arkansas.
- Netted hat trick, including the game-winning goal in the 51st minute, in just over 16 minutes of match time to power Huskies to 4-1 rout of Utah Valley on Friday.
- Also named to College Soccer News National Team of the Week.
- Conference's first regular-season hat trick against Division I opponent since 2019 (Milan Iloski, UCLA - 5g vs. SDSU, 10/6/19).
- Huskies have now won 17 consecutive regular season non-conference matches dating to Sept. 2019.
- First career weekly award, 48th all-time for Huskies' program.
ALSO NOMINATED: Wyatt Meyer, California; Fletcher Bank, Stanford; Riley Ferch, UCLA.
2022 Pac-12 Men's Soccer Players of the Week
|Date||Player of the Week|
|Aug. 29||Christian Soto, WASHINGTON|
|Sept. 5||Ilijah Paul, WASHINGTON|
Related News & Videos
16 minutes ago
15 minutes ago