Ducks Host Santa Clara
The Ducks host two-time NCAA champion Santa Clara (2001, 2020) Thursday at 6 p.m. at Papé Field (Pac-12 Network). Then Oregon will travel to New York to face Hofstra on Sunday at 4 p.m. (FloSports.tv).
WHAT TO WATCH
• Senior Jordan Snyder broke through in a big way last weekend, scoring the first two goals of her career. She netted the game-tying goal in the 78th minute versus Texas and added another Sunday against Boise State. Prior to those two games, Snyder had played in 15 career games and had attempted two shots in her four seasons in Eugene. Against Texas and Boise State, Snyder took three shots, scored twice and hit the post on the third.
• Freshmen Helpers. Of the Ducks' nine assists this season, six have come from freshmen. Livvy Moore leads the team with two, while Ainsley Fink, Caitlyn McCulloch, Trinity Morales and Ajanae Respass each have one.
• One match after tying her career high in saves with nine against San Francisco (8-21), Leah Freeman established a new personal standard with 10 at Gonzaga (8-27). Freeman leads the Pac-12 and ranks 18th nationally averaging 6.6 saves per game.
• Respass on Target. Freshman Ajanae Respass is second in the Pac-12 in shot accuracy at 70.0 percent. Seven of her 10 shots this season have been on frame. Respass leads Oregon with three goals this season.
• Ten players have made their Oregon debuts on so far this season. The list includes senior Madeline Gravante, junior Bel Rolley, sophomore Callan Harrington and freshmen Anna Emperador, Ainsley Fink, Caitlyn McCulloch, Livvy Moore, Trinity Morales, Rieley Petkovich and Ajanae Respass.