#NFLBuffs Ready For Opening Weekend
BOULDER- With the NFL regular season starting on Thursday, 13 former Colorado Buffalo football players have either made an NFL team's 53-man roster or practice squad for the 2022-23 season.
Currently, there are eight former Buffs who are on 53 man rosters, with five more making practice squad rosters.
Here is a look at the 13 players who are on an NFL roster at the start of the season:
- Chidobe Awuzie: Coming off a career season and a Super Bowl LVI appearance, Awuzie is looking to build on his success from last season as one of the premier defenders for the Cincinnati Bengals.
- David Bakhtiari: An All-Pro lineman for the Green Bay Packers, Bakhtiari is planning on playing this week against the Minnesota Vikings. Bakhtiari missed the majority of the 2021 season due to a torn ACL which he suffered in 2020.
- Mason Crosby: Returning to Green Bay for his 15th season, Crosby is showing no signs of slowing down after playing in all 17 games last season and going three for four from 50 yards or longer.
- Arlington Hambright: Hambright joins fellow Buff Phillip Lindsey in Indianapolis on the practice squad after spending the offseason in New England. He was signed to the Colts on September 1.
- Nate Landman: After going undrafted in the 2022 NFL Draft, Landman was signed by the Atlanta Falcons and made the team's 53 man roster going into the regular season.
- Phillip Lindsey: Lindsey joins the Indianapolis Colts practice squad after being signed by the team this offseason and released during the preseason.
- Isaiah Oliver: Oliver is entering his fifth season in the NFL, all spent with the Atlanta Falcons. His 46 consecutive appearances is the longest active streak among cornerbacks, and he looks to continue this streak going into the new season.
- Laviska Shenault: After being traded from the Jaguars to the Carolina Panthers, Shenault looks to make an instant impact with his new team, "Hopefully, I'm able to get in different positions and take the top off. Because I'm very capable of doing so."
- Will Sherman: Entering his second season in the NFL, Sherman is coming back to Colorado to play on the Denver Broncos, initially as part of the practice squad. Sherman spent his first year in the league playing for the New England Patriots.
- Davion Taylor: Taylor is going into his third season in the NFL, opening the season on the practice squad for the Philadelphia Eagles. He has spent his entire career with Philadelphia.
- Josh Tupou: Topou is going into his fifth season, all with the Bengals, after playing in every game last season and starting in nine. Like his teammate Awuzie, Topou looks to have another Super Bowl caliber season with the Bengals.
- Juwann Winfree: Winfree is entering his fourth season in the NFL, and third with the Packers as a member of the practice squad going into the season.
- Ahkello Witherspoon: Entering his second season with the Pittsburgh Steelers and sixth season in the NFL, Witherspoon is the starting cornerback for the Steelers and is set to play his Former teammates Awuzie and Topou in week one as his team takes on the Cincinnati Bengals.