Football Heads To Portland For Non-Conference Matchup With Bobcats
GAME 3: OREGON STATE VS. MONTANA STATE
September 17, 2022 • Portland, Ore. • Providence Park • 5:00 p.m. PT • Pac-12 Network
Television: Pac-12 Network
Play-By-Play: Jordan Kent
Analyst: Nigel Burton
Radio: Beaver Sports Network, Varsity Network (Oregon State)
Play-By-Play: Mike Parker
Analyst: Jim Wilson
Sideline: Ron Callan
Pre-Game: Steve Preece
SiriusXM Radio: 85 or 198
SiriusXM App/Internet: 960
Live Stats: OSUBeavers.com
Xfinity Comcast: 421/720 HD (Pac-12 Net), 420 (Pac-12 Oregon)
Dish Network: 406
Charter Spectrum: 332/452
- Oregon State visits Portland Saturday when the Beavers play host to Montana State in a neutral-site game at Providence Park, home of the Portland Timbers and Thorns. Kickoff is slated for 5 p.m. PT.
- The game will air live on the Pac-12 Network. Jordan Kent (play-by-play) and Nigel Burton (analyst) will call the action.
- The teams are meeting for the first time.
- The game will air live on the Beaver Sports Radio Network. For a list of affiliates, turn to page two of these notes.
- Every game this season can be heard live on the Varsity Network, a free application available via computer browsers, smartphones and tablets. After downloading the application, search for Oregon State.
Oregon State Notables
- Oregon State is 2-0 for the first time since the 2014 season when the Beavers opened that season 3-0.
- The Beavers' 35-32 win over Fresno State Saturday marked OSU's first non-conference road victory since a 38-30 win over Hawai'i in 2014.
- The "walkoff" win by Oregon State Saturday marked the Beavers' first since Justin Kahut's 24-yard field goal to defeat Arizona, 19-17, on Nov. 22, 2008.
- Saturday's game versus Montana State marks OSU's first in Portand since taking on UCLA at Civic Stadium (now Providence Park) in 1986.
- Oregon State ranks fourth nationally with 17.62 yards per pass completion. Quarterback Chance Nolan ranks third individually with 16.79 yards per completion.
- The Beavers are a perfect 7-for-7 in the red zone this season.
- Oregon State's defense has forced seven 3-and-out possessions in two games this season. The 2021 Beaver defense didn't force its seventh until the fifth game of the year, versus Washington.
- Oregon State and Montana State have never played.
Looking Back At Win No. 2
- Oregon State improved to 14-4 under head coach Jonathan Smith when leading at halftime.
- The Beavers also improved to 5-25 under Smith when trailing entering the fourth quarter. It was Oregon State's first fourth-quarter comeback since scoring 22 in the fourth quarter in a 41-38 win over No. 9 Oregon on Nov. 27, 2020.
- The win was Oregon State's first all-time in Fresno, bringing the Beavers' mark to 1-6 against the Bulldogs in California.
- Kitan Oladapo set a career-high with 15 tackles, 12 of which were solo.
- Oregon State's last two scoring drives - each coming within the last five minutes of the game - combined to last just 3:27 as the Beavers ran a total of 12 plays. Those 12 plays accounted for nearly 20 percent of OSU's 64 overall on the night.
- Oregon State also tallied 139 yards offensively over those last 12 plays, accounting for 35 percent of the Beavers' 397.
- Anthony Gould caught a 42-yard pass from Chance Nolan. He now has two catches of 40 or more yards and totals 111 yards on three receptions, an average of 37 yards per. That would rank second nationally but he is one catch short of qualifying.
Colletto, Colletto, Colletto
- The Jackhammer, Jack Colletto, has scored three rushing touchdowns on just six carries this season. He's also recorded six tackles along with one fumble recovery.
- Colletto's three rushing scores rank in the top 20 nationally. He and Florida State's DJ Lundy are the only players listed defensively to score at least one offensive touchdown this season.
- Colletto has now scored 19 rushing touchdowns in 33 games at Oregon State. He has 89 career rushing attempts, scoring, on average, roughly every five carries. His 19 rushing scores are now three shy of breaking in a tie for 10th at Oregon State. Terron Ward is 10th with 22 from 2011-14.
- He's been recognized on the Hornung Award Weekly Honor Roll after both games this season. That brings his career mark to four such recognitions after he was honored twice during the 2021 season.
First Half Numbers
- Oregon State has been strong in the first half over the first two games this season.
- OSU has outscored Boise State and Fresno State, 38-13. In fact, the Bulldogs were the first to get on board in the first half after the Beavers shut out Boise State over the first 30 minutes.
- The two have yet to score a touchdown in the red zone in the first half, posting just two field goals in five red zone attempts. The Beavers, meanwhile, are 3-for-3 overall in the red zone, scoring twice via touchdowns.
- Interestingly, opponents have held the ball an average of 16:12 to OSU's 13:48 in the first half. In the second, that number is more than flipped as OSU has held the ball 17:08 to opponents' 12:52.
Beavers In Portland
- Oregon State is set to play its 81st regular season game in Portland.
- The Beavers are 36-41-3 in Portland leading up to Saturday's matchup.
- Oregon State played its first game in Portland in 1908, losing an 8-0 decision to Oregon. The last was a 1986 matchup versus UCLA, a 49-0 loss to the 15th-ranked Bruins.
Nolan Vs. Fresno State
- Chance Nolan completed six of his 14 passes in the last two drives of the Beavers' win Saturday. He passed for 88 of his 219 passing yards on those six completions.
- The QB ranks third in the nation averaging 16.79 yards per completion this season.
- He has completed nine passes of 20 or more yards this season. The Beavers, as a team, have 10, which ranks 22nd nationally and tied for third in the Pac-12.
Oladapo's Big Night
- Kitan Oladapo is the only Beaver defensive back with 10 or more tackles in a game since Jalen Moore recorded 11 versus Utah in 2019.
- Oladapo has done it twice.
- He originally set a career-best with 10 tackles in the 2021 regular season finale versus Oregon. He proceeded to break that mark with 15 tackles versus Fresno State Saturday.
- Added in that tally was a 12-yard sack on 3rd-and-13 from the Fresno State 47, prompting a Bulldog punt.
- Oladapo has 31 tackles over his last four games dating back to the 2021 season.