Pac-12 Men's Soccer Player of the Week - Sept. 12, 2022
Sep 12, 2022
PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Elias Katsaros, Jr., D, SAN DIEGO STATE (Seattle, Wash.)
2 matches, 3 goals, 6 points
- Third-year starting defender bagged his first three collegiate goals - all via headers - to lead San Diego State to victories over UNLV (5-0) and then-No. 6 Denver (2-1).
- Scored his first collegiate goal, on just his second career shot, via a run-of-play header in the 30th minute against the Rebels on Friday.
- Nodded home a pair of set-piece goals to lift the Aztecs over the top-10 Pioneers on Sunday. Finished on the end of Donovan Roux's free kick in the 66th minute, then connected on CJ Fodrey's corner-kick service in the 74th less than a minute after Denver's equalizer.
- Also named to College Soccer News National Team of the Week.
- For the week, SDSU went 2-0-1 with two results against top-10 opponents (1-1 at then-No. 7 Creighton - Katsaros DNP; 2-1 vs. Denver); it marks the first time since 2009 the Aztecs earned a pair of top-10 results in the same week.
- First career weekly award, 26th all-time for Aztecs' program.
ALSO NOMINATED: Shoei Honda, California; Carlo Agostinelli, Stanford; Lucas Meek, Washington.
2022 Pac-12 Men's Soccer Players of the Week
|Date||Player of the Week|
|Aug. 29||Christian Soto, WASHINGTON|
|Sept. 5||Ilijah Paul, WASHINGTON|
|Sept. 12||Elias Katsaros, SAN DIEGO STATE|