Beavers To Face Denver on Tuesday
THE GAME: The Oregon State men's soccer team hits the road this week to take on Denver. The contest is slated to begin at 6 p.m. PT on Tuesday.
FOLLOW ALONG: Tuesday's match will air on Altitude in the Denver region. Links to the live stream as well as live stats will be available at OSUBeavers.com
UP NEXT: The Beavers will open conference play on Sept. 29 when they head to UCLA. Oregon State will not return home until it hosts California on Oct. 6 to kick off a stretch of four consecutive home matches.
- The Beavers are coming off the best season in program history, as they went 14-2-4, won the Pac-12 and entered the NCAA Tournament as the No. 1 overall seed.
- Oregon State made the final eight of the NCAA Tournament last season, its deepest run in program history
- The Beavers have made the NCAA Tournament six times in program history, with three of those appearances coming in Terry Boss' four years as head coach
- Boss has the best winning percentage of any coach in program history at .653
- Oregon State posted six clean sheets last season, a program record
- The Beavers welcome 17 newcomers to this year's squad
- Oregon State has representatives of 10 different countries on its roster: USA, Spain, France, Argentina, Chile, Ethiopia, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg and Senegal
- The Beavers welcome in three new assistant coaches this season in Abel Wasswa, Sergi Nus and Alex Rangel
- Joran Gerbet, Gael Gibert and Adrian Molina Diaz all return to the Oregon State squad after earning All-Pac-12 recognition last season.
- Molina-Diaz scored six goals and had three assists last season, despite playing only 12 matches due to injury
- Mouhameth Thiam led the Beavers with five game-winning goals last season, despite starting just nine of Oregon State's 20 matches
- The Beavers are 33-7-7 at home during Boss' tenure
- The Beavers are fifth in the nation for corner kicks per game, averaging 8.4 per contest
- OSU has not lost in its last six Pac-12 home matches
- Joran Gerbet earned Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors last season, joining Joe Zaher, Robbie Findley, Danny Mwanga, Timmy Mueller and Sofiane Djeffal as Beavers to earn the honor (Findley, Mwanga, Mueller and Djeffal were all MLS Draft selections following their Beavers careers)
- Nicklas Lund led all Oregon State field players with 1,870 minutes played last season, starting all 20 matches on the OSU back line.
- Javier Armas and Lund are the only Beavers to play every minute in the first two matches.
- Oregon State is 2-2-0 all-time vs. Denver, and won last season's meeting 3-0 in Corvallis. Adrian Molina-Diaz scored the Beavers' second goal of the contest.
- Tuesday's game will be OSU's first trip to Denver since 1999