Pac-12 Women's Volleyball Weekly Awards - Sept. 19, 2022
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Hannah Pukis, R-Jr., S, Oregon (Tacoma, Wash.)
» 12.00 APS, 1.29 KPS, .444 PCT, 1.86 DPS, 1.9 PPS
- Averaged 12.00 assists per set while directing the UO offense to a .407 hitting percentage in two wins at the Hurricane Invitational in Coral Gables, Fla.
- Dished out 38 assists in straight-set victory over South Carolina.
- Led Oregon to a .368 hitting percentage in the victory and no UO player had more than two attack errors.
- Added four digs, three kills and two blocks.
- Closed out the nonconference slate with 46 assists and a .440 mark for Oregon in a four-set win over weekend host Miami.
- Set five players, including three with double figures to hitting percentages of .308 or higher.
- Put down six kills on 10 attempts to add to the offense's performance.
- Also collected nine digs and four blocks against the Hurriaces.
- Oregon added 29 points to its season hitting percentage (.252 to .281) under Pukis' direction during the weekend.
- First career Pac-12 weekly award.
ALSO NOMINATED: Francesca Alupei, UCLA; Skylar Fields, USC; Iman Isanovic, ASU; Kendall Kipp, STAN; Sofia Maldonado Diaz, ARIZ; Ella May Powell, WASH; Leah Schmidt, CAL; Izzi Szulczewski, OSU; Maya Tabron, COLO; Viktoria Wahlgren, UTAH.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Elena Oglivie, Jr., L, Stanford (Honolulu, Hawaii)
» 4.63 DPS
- Anchored the Stanford defense in a weekend split against then-No. 2 Nebraska (W, 3-1) and then-No. 3 Louisville (L, 3-1).
- Averaged 4.63 digs per set and had zero reception errors in 22 attempts.
- In the four-set win at Nebraska, had a season-high 21 digs to go with six assists.
- Had a team-best 16 digs, seven assists and an ace in the four-set loss to Louisville.
- Third career Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week award (Aug. 30, 2021; March 23, 2021).
ALSO NOMINATED: Francesca Alupei, UCLA; Tara DeSa, CAL; Meegan Hart, COLO; Kamaile Hiapo, ARIZ; Georgia Murphy, ORE; Vanessa Ramirez, UTAH; Sophie Summers, WASH; Izzi Szulczewski, OSU; Gala Trubint, USC.
FRESHMAN OF THE WEEK: Mimi Colyer, Fr., OH, Oregon (Lincoln, Calif.)
» 2.86 KPS, .372 PCT, 1.29 BPS, 3.5 PPS
- Put down a match-high 16 kills coupled with a .500 hitting percentage in Sunday's four-set road win at Miami and did not commit an attack error until the third set.
- Was her third match of the season with 10+ kills to go along with a .400 or higher efficiency.
- Added three blocks and three digs in the victory.
- Opened the weekend with a match-leading and season-high six blocks in a sweep of South Carolina.
- Helped lead a defensive effort that held the Gamecocks to a .103 hitting percentage
- Added four kills in the weekend-opening victory
- Currently ranks ninth in the Pac-12 in kills per set (3.22).
- Third Pac-12 Freshman of the Week award this season.
ALSO NOMINATED: Mikayla Hayden, CAL; Elia Rubin, STAN; Gala Trubint, USC; Viktoria Wahlgren, UTAH; Audra Wilmes, WASH.
2022 PAC-12 WOMEN'S VOLLEYBALL WEEKLY AWARDS