Awuzie Leads #NFLBuffs In Week 2
BOULDER- Week two of the NFL season saw Colorado Buffalo alumni playing across the league. While the Bengals fell to the Cowboys in Dallas, Chidobe Awuzie's five tackles in the game were tied for the team high as he continues to be a leader on the Cincinnati defense.
Here is What happened with all other former Buffs across the NFL:
• Chidobe Awuzie: Started at Cornerback for the Bengals and saw every defensive snap but one against the Cowboys. His five total tackles were tied for the most on the team in Cincinnati's 20-17 loss in Dallas.
• Mason Crosby: Crosby made both of his field goal attempts and all three of his extra point attempts to help the Packers beat the Chicago Bears 27-10 under the lights at Lambeau Field.
• Nate Landman: Played in his second consecutive game for the Atlanta Falcons, getting 11 special teams snaps as the Falcons lost to the Los Angeles Rams 31-27.
• Josh Topou: Had one unassisted tackle on 28 defensive snaps as the Bengals lost to the Cowboys 20-17.
• Ahkello Witherspoon: Played in all 68 defensive plays and added two unassisted tackles for the Steelers as Pittsburgh lost a close game to the New England Patriots 20-17.
Laviska Shenault (Panthers) was a healthy scratch in week two after getting signed to Carolina in late August. David Bakhtiari (Packers) and Isaiah Oliver (Falcons) remained on the sidelines in week two due to injury.
Arlington Hambright (Colts), Phillip Lindsey (Colts), Will Sherman (Broncos), Davion Taylor (Eagles), and Juwann Winfree (Packers) are all on their team's practice squads.